FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krimson Moon OOC

+2
PuppydogZxZ
Dax
6 posters

Go down

Krimson Moon OOC Empty Krimson Moon OOC

Post by Dax Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Post your sign ups here with these:

Name:
Race:
Physical appearance:
Bio:
Skills:
Gear:
Other (optional):

Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Krimson Moon OOC Empty Re: Krimson Moon OOC

Post by PuppydogZxZ Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 am

Name: Katrina Woolsey
Race: Lycan

Bio: In Katrina's human childhood, she was very athletic, beautiful, popular, and promising. Relatives had a great amount of 'faith' in Katrina's future. They believed she would grow up to be something great, like a famous stage performer, doctor, writer, or maybe even something along the lines of governor. All these great expectations made her feel important and wanted, along with feeding her growing desire for attention.

Katrina then later on encountered a jealous family friend, which envied Katrina's good fortune, and arranged for her to be forcefully bitten by a lycan at the age of 24. As a result, Katrina's family completely changed their outlook of her. No longer was she capable of being insanely successful in a human preferred world as a lycan. So they simple tossed her aside, she was always just a bragging device, they never really loved her, they never truly supported her dreams.

Once given the harsh reality of being used as a gloating tool all her life, Katrina embraced her new race with such intensity; for this was a new life with new people. Katrina is almost thankful to the jealous family friend, without them, Katrina wouldn't have been given the new, better, lease on life she has today.

Skills: Motivational, being warm and friendly, energetic, determination, and endurance.
Gear: Nothing weapon wise, she has no problem dealing reasonable damage without tools. As most lycans can.
Other (optional): She thinks its really funny when people call her 'Kat'.

Physical appearance:
Human Form
Dark green eyes and autumn red hair

Wolf form

(click to make bigger)

Last edited by PuppydogZxZ on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Name: Gabriel Winters
Race: Vampire
Physical appearance: mid-to-late twenties
Bio: Born of noble birth several centuries earlier, his traditionalist parents had ingrained the elitist upper class rules in Gabriel by the time he was two. Insisting on stuffy manners and proper form, whether in work or leisure, they paid instructors of all kinds to come to their mansion and refine their beloved, only son.

Grown up, tormented intellectual that he was, Gabriel refused to partake in bloody displays of hunting or take joy in terrorizing. His meals came painlessly from several individuals at a time; he made sure to only take as much as the body makes in surplus. Hence, he stayed well under the radar, simply being that "nice gentleman."

Through the decades, loneliness ate at his soulless being. There was no one to confide in, no one to relate to, no one he could risk getting close to. Wealth, reputation, comfortable living--he had it all, yet he was miserable. Emptiness plagued him, haunted him. For the while that despair held most sway over him, shredding his morals, he indulged in...beastly impulses and desires, to shamefully say the least. During his late night games, he encountered more of his kind than previously thought existed. Glimpses into their worlds, their insights, quelled his inner turmoil and returned to him his former, controlled self. He now associates with them, for lack of elsewhere to identify with.

Skills: agility, intellect, knowledge, cold logic, self-discipline, charisma, charm
Gear: ornate rapier, book, ...sunscreen, sunglasses, or whatever form of those they had back then.
Other (optional): Although his manners are impeccable and his habits, refined, he has this...intensity about him, underlying the charm and shroud of mystery, that may make others uneasy. Also, he's quite good at passing for a(n eccentric) human, having kept under their radar for so long.

Appearance, if you like, here.

How's that?
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Very good, guys Smile

My sign-up will be up shortly
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EverMan Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Name: Azmodues is his real name, he also goes by Kether
Race: Vampire
Physical appearance: Long, perfectly straight blonde hair, with bright green eyes. He prefers to wear dress clothing, including fancy and expensive dress shirts and pants. He is tall, and has very fine features.
Bio: Azmodues was previously a scholar, writer, that sort of thing. He had been coming across a lot of new information on vampires and lycans, and because of his extensive knowledge, was recruited. He isn't really one for combat, and instead prefers to manipulate others to fight for him.
Skills: Extreme persausiveness, Speed, Intelligence.
Gear: He always has a few books on him, along with two smaller crossbows, with silver tipped bolts. He also owns a bladded chain whip, made of silver. This is one of his most prised possessions, and he is extremely skilled with it.

I hope this is ok../..
EverMan
EverMan
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Yay! Another male vampire, lol. Hmm, that makes me think the genders are unbalanced now (e.g. maybeh I ought to change my character?). o.o;

In any case, if it'll get this rp going faster, I would be willing to play another character. Preferably a hunter. Who's Australian. =D
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Thank god for no sparklers, I'm starting to think people are finally taking a stand against all of the sparkly vampires in roleplays. It has restored some of my faith in humanity. Anyways...

Name: Tybalt Beakman
Race: Human (Hunter)
Appearance: Tybalt has brown hair, which is kept cut to a manageable length. He has fair skin and hazel eyes, stands at around 6 feet tall, and weighs 165 lbs. He dresses in the style of a Victorian gentleman - that is, a black suit with a tailcoat, a black waistcoat, a white dress shirt, a black tie and black shoes. His head is usually topped with a bowler or top hat, and he occasionally wears wire-rimmed spectacles.

However, his gentlemanly appearance shouldn't fool anyone. Beneath the layers of suit clothing is a carefully-toned and muscular physique honed from years of fighting and training. The interior of his tailcoat is lined with hidden pockets and holsters that could disguise any number of hidden weapons.

Bio: Born in London in 1755, Tybalt (named for the character in Romeo and Juliet for unknown reasons) was raised in a middle-class household. His parents, both shipyard workers, did their best to keep him fed and clothed, and he came out of his childhood and into his teenage years doing well enough. He was somewhat schooled, and displayed intelligence and a keen knack for remembering things.

However, his peaceful childhood wasn't to last. On his way home one night, having stayed out late to pick up groceries and have some enjoyment, a desperate vampire attacked him from behind. The schoolboy was scarred across the back by the attack, but managed to fend the creature off, terrified into action.

He returned home to find that the same vampire had also killed his parents. Driven mad by thoughts of revenge, Beakman devoted the rest of his life to the study of the extermination of all things supernatural. His studies were picked up by several benefactors in the Hunters' sector, and he was given a less-than-negligible amount of starting funds to set himself up. He armed himself, he travelled, he learned, and he became ready to kill. His first vampire kill was the same frenzied creature of the night that had assaulted him and killed his parents, and he was killed when Tybalt was age 25.

Skills: He has learned multiple hand-to-hand and melee fighting styles from numerous trainers from across the British Empire. He was taught to fire bows and firearms by both himself and professional trainers. Also, he is capable of blending in with both high and low society men, making him more difficult to track than a normal man.

Gear:
- 4 loaded flintlock pistols kept in holsters in his coat and on his pants.
- A silver-tipped oak cane with a 14-inch blade hidden inside.
- A Boyer rifle (basically an over-under flintlock rifle), the first prototype design to ever be produced and sold. This travels with him in a case when he needs to travel abroad.
- Two bandoliers of throwing knives worn crossed over his chest. These are only worn when he's expecting a fight.
- A basket-hilted Scottish broadsword.
- An iron cuirass from the French Cuirassiers.

Other:
- Don't expect to be able to sway him to one cause or another - once he has a goal, the only thing that will stop him is death, and the only thing that will slow him down is a wound severe enough to stop him moving.

- Bringing up his parents in a negative light, or taunting him with thoughts of his parents will cause him to have an emotional breakdown, which will make him falter temporarily. Just be sure to hit him very hard before he recovers, because if he does recover he will be pissed off.

- Romantic involvement is near impossible, but not out of the question. In case of this happening, he is straight.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm

You mean sparkly "vampires" are accepted as legit in roleplays? XD
I've never been in an rp with, and would be horrified if it happened. Fairies sparkle in the light--not the living undead. ;D

(Not to offend anyone, of course.... >.> <.< ) Right. So I guess I could have another lycan instead (to balance things--that is, unless Dax would rather play lycan), if it'll help move things along, but it seems we've got a good enough crowd as is.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I think I also might want to change my characters personality. I wasn't expecting the vampires to have the intelligent personality. I would actually prefer to change it, I'm not very fond of playing those smart characters. Razz Plus it would balance the RP!

So do ya think I should change the personality or leave it? =3

On the sparkly matter, I'm glad you guys agree!! I mean what was the writer thinking?! I can understand they wanted to be original and make a angelic vampire, instead of the traditional demonic. But sparkling skin in the sunlight? No That's just silly. It's even sillier when folks try to recreate that in RPs...
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:37 pm

And even worse is when they try to inject SCIENCE into it. I major in Bio and I'm pretty sure there's no existing condition ANYWHERE in the books that would allow a post-mortem human to suddenly have their skin sparkle.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:04 pm

lol What about injecting fluorescence into an organism (dead or alive, I suppose), like those glowing bacteria and fish (monkeys, too, I hear now)? 'Course, it'd have to be altered from what we've today such that the visible light spectrum causes the glowing and not ultraviolet. However, that's most likely impossible due to the nature of how fluorescence works (absorbing a higher wavelength and giving off a lower one). =D But yeh, sounds like a deus ex machina to me.

What gets me most riled is, not the pseudo-science and all that even though it is aggravating, but the mutilated essence of the vampire. The vampire is supposed to represent the dilemma of being without a soul, monsters forever cursed, once human...as well as the the human fascination with death and, ah, erm, copulation. Where is the brooding? The lament? The inner torment at immortality? The (possible) anger at life? The writer has stripped this essential quality from the vampire which, I feel, no longer qualifies her creations as "vampires." More like...shiny humanoids that run on blood.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. ('Cause this is all just my opinion. I'm sure there are multitudes out there who would argue otherwise.)

On another note, Biomedical Engineering + Computer Science ftw. ^.^;

As for changing personalities.... I think you ought to do whatever would make the character most comfortable for you to play. =)
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm

I wonder what a twilight fan would say about this, their points of argument...Because most of the time they just wave there arms around screaming. "You have no class! You just like bashing Twilignt because you have no life! You FAIL!!111!" So I just try to avoid twilight conversation with hardcore fans...Or any fans of that matter.

Though yes. The writer ruined vampires, and involving werewolves/lycans into the mix soils them too. Very sad indeed, twilight has just ruined first impressions on vampires, and until someone gets else comes along, vampires are going to be like this for a while....

M'kay, I'll change the personality later today though.
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Mitth wrote:lol What about injecting fluorescence into an organism (dead or alive, I suppose), like those glowing bacteria and fish (monkeys, too, I hear now)? 'Course, it'd have to be altered from what we've today such that the visible light spectrum causes the glowing and not ultraviolet. However, that's most likely impossible due to the nature of how fluorescence works (absorbing a higher wavelength and giving off a lower one). =D But yeh, sounds like a deus ex machina to me.

What gets me most riled is, not the pseudo-science and all that even though it is aggravating, but the mutilated essence of the vampire. The vampire is supposed to represent the dilemma of being without a soul, monsters forever cursed, once human...as well as the the human fascination with death and, ah, erm, copulation. Where is the brooding? The lament? The inner torment at immortality? The (possible) anger at life? The writer has stripped this essential quality from the vampire which, I feel, no longer qualifies her creations as "vampires." More like...shiny humanoids that run on blood.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. ('Cause this is all just my opinion. I'm sure there are multitudes out there who would argue otherwise.)

On another note, Biomedical Engineering + Computer Science ftw. ^.^;

As for changing personalities.... I think you ought to do whatever would make the character most comfortable for you to play. =)

Fluorescence or phosphorescence would only make it glow, not sparkle.
See:

-Fluorescence in a sea spider
-Phosphorescence in a jellyfish-like organism
(And I am NOT gonna go on Google Images and look up Edward M.F. Cullen sparkling, for GOD'S sake I wanna spare myself that vision.)
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 pm

May I present the dictionary's view?
Florescence: "...the emission of radiation, esp. of visible light..."
Radiate: "...to emit rays, as of light..."

Sparkle: "...to shine or glisten with little gleams of light..."
Shine: "...to give forth or glow with light..."

The main difference I see would be "rays" versus "gleams," but gleams = "...a flash or beam of light..." and beams are close enough to rays.

English is loose like that. Plus, the movie, which is the first and last thing I'll have to do with that series, has no predetermined words to name whatever the heck it is they are doing. Point is, they both emit light (unless you propose they actually have reflective cell membranes or some such silly nonsense).

Also note that I wasn't suggesting that as an explanation she tried for, but rather a (perhaps) more intelligent way of explaining how her creations can glow/emit light/sparkle.

By the by, lycans and vampires being put together isn't a novel (that is, new) idea. It's been around long enough to be in the vampire anthologies (that is, the collections of vampire stories through the centuries). In more recent works, the Underworld series plays on the same idea, as does Blood and Chocolate.
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Alright. I enjoyed this debate Very Happy
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Yay! Friends/truce? XD lol, I'm glad we're both not indignantly furious (like how PuppydogZ'z portrayal of those Twilight defenders sound). ^_^

w00t, now to wait for Dax....
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 pm

I don't get indignantly furious over my failures in speaking and comprehending the English language. I only get indignantly furious if somebody is trying to make me indignantly furious, and doing a really good job of it.

So friends, because truces are too easily broken.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:24 am

M'kay, I edited my character sheet.

And just a little side note detail that crossed my mind. What are the girl characters going to wear? Pants back then weren't traditional, while a dress wouldn't be logical to fight and explore in. I'm thinking of just being un-fancy/pirate like by wear pants when my character goes out to follow the clues.

Or should I just leave the clothing to the readers imagination? (just thought a bit of detail on clothing might be a little more...immersive?)
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:55 pm

=O I've always thought dresses were all right to fight in! Skirts and all that too (imagining those tough ladies in movies and video games here). Either way, I think whichever you decide on will be fine. So long as they're not a pimp cloak and gold grille. XD

*prods Dax* o.o

Friends, w00t! ^_^
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 am

Q&A: Are you guys still searching for interest? If so, I'm definitely one of those.

Just a taste to see - I'm considering playing around with an oblivious human, female; young, but not naive about life in general - just blind to what lurks in the night. She can be a wild card, if you want; someone who becomes either a vampire or lycan, depending on who gets her first...but ends up becoming a hunter. Or, does she?

She can either fight for one side or the other, or join the Hunters and fight them both; or become a spy for either or. IDK, it all depends on what the charrie feels throughout the play of the RP, if she favors one or the other, becomes friends or enemies with another charrie in either of the groups.

This charrie could be a connector, the type of personality that molds itself to the company it keeps, making it rather easy to make friends. The one that seems to bounce around the place, running into the other charries, befriending or being befriended, walking into situations requiring a last minute rescue...

Who knows? She would be unpredictable, mainly because she has no clue what she's doing anyway. Just a thought, but if interested I’ll try to work up a rounded template for my thoughts and see what you all think. I believe time will be on my side for this, since the recent changes in the scenario I call 'my reality' had allowed time for me to dive head first in an RP, so I'll have something more compelling to scan over as soon possible.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

No gold grill and pimp cloaks!!! *gasp* Mitth, your so prude! XD But I think I get what you mean, I think I'll go with something along the lines of a dress. Razz Plus it doesn't really matter about the clothing to much!

*pokes Dax also* D; I hope he comes back soon!

Oh wow, Phi! Thats a great idea! Thats a huuuuuge why-didn't-I-think-of-that! Though, I'm glad somebody did...Maybe you could also be like a secret key to getting the orb of life? That would be really awesome. X3 I hope Dax approves of it though, because you have a really good idea! Clap Dance Clap
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 pm

K. for the hopes of a returning GM, I shall post my temp. The charrie I will be running is a combination of two that I have from two other stories that I've RPed/Written. One is still in the editing stage of publishing...which usually means something - but can often times translate into NADA.

Anywho, I miss these two charries, and would love to work them over anyway. Can't help myself, they are both perfect for this story. Actually, one of the stories I hold is similar to this one, but the design of the concept is totally different. Small world, hu?

K, well finishing my temp - coming soon...and let's just hope it doesn't set for too long. Smile
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Hmm, I can't wait! But yet, please, take your time. Good quality sheets are...good!

I also do hope that Dax returns...It would be heartbreaking for this to be unused. No
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 pm

>.> <.< Unless...we rise up and, and, revolution! =O
Errrr, I mean.... o.o;;
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Ooooh!! And your the one who told me I couldn't have a pimp cloak and grille!!!

But yes, hmm. Maybe we could continue this ourselves? x.x
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Whoa! I seemed to have forgotten about this thing because my computer for some reason wished not to send me notifications if there were replies on this thing or not.

Well, I am back from my odd absence, and if you are all still up for it, I will start the RP as soon as possible.

Now, time to read what you all have concocted while I was away...

Edit: Huh... an argument about Twilight, something about multiple characters per person and a... cloak and grillie? How lovely. Razz

Seriously though, I would like to restrict it to one character per person and please, no humans siding with lycans or vampires or any interracial thing. Its not that I am a racist, but all three hate each other with a passion. Twisted Evil

Now, if any of you come back, I will put up my character sheet.

Oh, and if anyone wishes to join, please, join. Smile
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, I'm coming back!

I was wondering where you went. Theirs always that thought in the back of my mind that when someone abruptly has absent on the internet I suspect that they may have died! Though thats never the case... (SO FAR)
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down