FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Immortal Vindication

+7
Guilty Carrion
Squall Reyes
quakernuts
YenWen
Harper
Bird of Hermes
Fate Flyer
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OOC  Immortal Vindication  - Page 2 Empty Re: OOC Immortal Vindication

Post by YenWen Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Oh! Oh! I know why they would make human-looking automatons. Would a lycan or a vampire REALLY go anywhere near a gigantic moving, murderous piece of metal? :/ No. But they will go near humans. Easy to move around in crowds, they're much faster due to their lighter mass, and have many more uses other than 'kill', after the job would supposedly be done, like servants for house guests.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Those are good ideas! I like the idea too of just having the non-human-looking automatons being linked together.

I'm sure vampires and lycans wouldn't be able to recognize that any human-looking robot was, in fact, an automaton from across a room or in a crowd, especially when a lot of other robots are around. So, that would make sense.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:11 pm

So, there are automatons that were reprogrammed for the war, and then there are the automatons that were designed and created specifically for the war. Are all of them now called Night Soldiers?
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I suppose any automaton programmed specifically to hunt and destroy lycans, vampires, and now humans would be called a Night Soldier, whether they were originally built for that purpose or reprogrammed for it.

I actually originally just considered the term Night Soldier to be kind of a street name that the public adopted for the automatons, but having it be their official name (and also included in their Rollout Number) works too.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Hey guys -

I'm really sorry this hasn't been started yet. The day before yesterday, I kept having all those issues with posting, and then I had a lot going on with dealing with my apartment and my soon-to-be condo and dealing with all the calls and paperwork. Then yesterday, I was not even home at all and didn't get back until 5:00 AM today. I was so exhausted. I'm running on 6 hours of sleep now, so hopefully that'll be enough for me to make some sort of half-decent post today to at last start this role-play. I'm going to wait until I've had my coffee and some sort of food in me, since I'm really not feeling well after all that went on last night, so just give me awhile to get to it and then type it all out. ;]
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Another quick little update -

I managed to get a few pages typed out today, but it's not yet complete. My boyfriend's parents just invited us over for dinner, so we're going to go see them and his family. If I get back in time (which I'm really hoping I will, considering how long I was out last night XD), I would very, very much like to complete this! Very Happy

ALSO, this could be useful for the role-play: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix,_Arizona#Cityscape
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Thank you for that! And hopefully things will go smoothly enough that we can get this up and running soon. Razz Still very excited for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks, TimeOfTheEye! Smile

I hope all of you are still excited! I know I am.

I have 6 pages in Word typed now, but I still would like to include more for this introduction. I have a few plans today, but I definitely should have it up by tonight, I would hope.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 am

Well, the role-play has be started! But, sadly, I was unable to add any more to my post like I wanted (since I wanted to include all 3 of the characters I will be playing), but I didn't want to postpone this any longer. This is the first role play I've been involved in in around a year, I think, so I'm getting back into the swing of things. Smile
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Are there flying cars by 2210?
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, there's my post. I figured I'd put it up since these two characters will not be interacting with anyone else yet and also I was eager. -^^- I will post for my other two characters when you have something for Nex up, Fate. Smile

EDIT: If there was a particular order we were suppose to go in and I screwed it up, let me know. I didn't mean to jump the gun on anyone else's plans, but like I said, I don't think these characters will be interacting with anyone else just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 pm

I don't think that's a problem there Time. It was a great post, so I wouldn't worry about anything Very Happy

*throws up hand* Question!

When the military fights with the Night Soldiers, how open are the fights? Are we talking about entire streets suddenly going up in explosions, with tanks, helicopters, and heavy weaponry, or more towards everything kind of being quiet with the military constantly patrolling the streets, and only occasionally entering into a fight with the Night Soldiers as they find them?

Stupid question, I know >.<
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Lumeus - Yes, I imagine there will be flying cars by then, and for the purpose of this role-play, anything futuristic that you can dream up is welcome.

TimeOfTheEye - Awesome first post!! I love how descriptive you are. The posting order will be established after everyone first posts. So after everyone has a turn, that will be the new order. :]

This is a really great start!

quakernuts - That's not a stupid question at all. I think it could perhaps be a little bit of both. I'm assuming the military would want to at least make an endeavor to not engage the Night Soldiers in urban areas and to try and keep the casualties to a minimum, but if there were Night Soldiers attacking civilians in town, I'm sure they would try to intervene.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 pm

So, for my character, I'm thinking a Night Soldier who's going to be designated for reprogramming in my first post by the humans and what not. How would it be decided you think? And where should he be located in regards to the city?

I already have a plan for how he gets his 'name', but I'd also like to know what sorta changes the reprogramming brings about. Thanks in advance!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Hmm, Lumeus might be able to better answer that question than I probably could, I am guessing, Plaguewalker. XD You don't have to get super specific in terms of the technicalities and how a reprogramming is carried out. As an average person, I wouldn't be able to explain that without doing some research and reading more in the science fiction section hehe.

As for the location - anywhere! Night Soldiers can and probably are around the city at all times, being taken out by the local police and any military on site, along with the vampires and lycans. So, more reinforcements will always be sent, especially to major cities.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 pm

The big change is that your character would no longer be in contact with the rest of the Night Soldiers.

Reprogramming a Night Soldier just means you've erased all of its programming and installed your own. And if it is taken over by the humans I'm guessing the military would be the ones installing the new programming.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 am

And I'm assuming they just build in a sorta fail-safe to stop it from attacking humans, vampires and lycans? Only other Night Soldiers?
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 am

If I were the military I would reprogram the automaton to protect humans.

That brings up a question. How much control do each of us have over the actions of NPCs?
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:35 am

Rollout Number: HSU-604-NS207
Model: Night Soldier: Heavy Siege Unit
Deployment: 2210 A.D.

Primary Objective: Destruction of all functioning Night Soldier units, while minimizing all possible human causalities.
Secondary Objective: Salvage and Retrieval of damaged or malfunctioning Night Soldier Units for reconstruction and reprogramming.

Specifications:
Height: 4.02 meters
Weight: 2.08 metric tons
Color: Urban Camo
Power Source: Dual micro-fusion core.
CPU: Neural Net Processor
Chassis: Hyper-alloy combat exoskeleton, with reinforced plating on frontal chest armour.

System Diagnostic:
The HSU-604 is capable of running internal systems checks; calculating the distance of objects relative to itself; making detailed kinetic studies of trajectories; sampling and analyzing the atmosphere, weather patterns and wind velocity; analyzing building structures; locating major load bearing fixtures with in targets; identifying key defensive structures; identifying blind zones for surrounding forces; calculating the force of gravity; analyzing texture and temperature of materials; and sensing radar scans. It is fitted with an internal chronometer.

The HSU-604's optical sensors can sample an extended range of visible frequencies, including infrared, ultra violet, and night vision, as well as long range snap-magnification of up to x15. This information is then displayed on a 40,000 bit digitized display. The HSU-604 is capable of motion tracking, search modes, vehicular identification and recognition and motion analysis. All Night Soldiers use a Laser-com relay to uplink to orbiting satellites providing a constant data stream between units. (Uplink deactivated and disabled on HSU-NS207)

The HSU-604 can sprint at up to speeds of 32.14 kilometres per hour, and maintain a constant speed of 20.11 kilometres per hour. It is capable of lifting up to 3.36 metric tons, and can withstand temperature up to 2,623ºC.

The HSU-604 has both Mobile and Entrenched modes, with Entrenched modes rooting the Unit in place with powerful ion drills mounted on the back of it's pelvis that can bore through concrete in seconds which then hook into the ground. Once Entrenched, the shoulder mounted silver fulminate ion cannon adjusts into a long range, high velocity ion artillery cannon, capable of shredding most buildings and vehicle targets, as well as infantry formations. Entrenched Units are incredibly difficult to uproot, but leaves them more exposed to EMP charges and close range attacks.

Armaments:
Silver fulminate ion shotgun with a firing rate of 4 rounds per second, mounted inside left forearm armour easy usage.
High powered hydraulic claw, capable of crushing through 6 inches of reinforced steel. Mounted on right arm instead of a second hand.
Shoulder-mounted silver fulminate ion cannon with a firing rate of 8 rounds per second, with an ion artillery cannon secondary fire mode.
Two Primary cells and three charging cells.
High powered ion entrenching drills.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:04 am

Love all the posts so far and it looks like this thing will be EPIC. Quaker, that post was like something from a Bruce Willis movie! For the win! Clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Agreed! Very awesome posts so far!!! cheers

It was really neat reading Lumeus' post with Kathy taking the Red Line in Chicago, since that's the Line I take all the time when I'm in the city. Very Happy The Sheridan stop is the one I'd always get off at a couple months ago when my boyfriend lived there with his friends. It's also the Line I'll be taking this Saturday when we go to see a friend. Made it feel really close to home!!

This is insanely epic already.

I added a posting order list to the first post here, just so we can better remember and keep track. So next up (in any order) is Harper, Bird of Hermes, YenWen, and Plaguewalker.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Yay! I just spent all day finishing up this drawing, and now it's at last done.

I drew 5 of my vampire and lycan characters: Nex, Accalia, Velganos, (and the vampires that I'm not playing as in this RP) Syrena, and Corbin. Check it out!
http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/#/d2voqbh
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Whoa! That's really cool, Fate! =D My favorite is Accalia and her wolf form. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 pm

You are extremely talented Fate! Lovin' the white Lycan!

Keep up the good work cheers
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks so much, you guys! I really appreciate it! Aww
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Man Fate, I wish I had you coloring skill. Color is my bane.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Aw, you're too kind. Thanks, Lumeus. I'm sure you are not a bad colorist yourself though. Smile

So, we'll give the 4 others about a week, and if none of them post by then, we can just skip their turn and continue until they're ready to join us.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I've never done anything like that but it sounds okay to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Oh, really? That was just something I was used to. In the past (with the role-plays I was involved in at least), we gave each person a certain amount of time to post, and in order to prevent the role-play from coming to a halt and causing everyone to wait, if they did not post by the time their point was up, then it would go to the next person on the list to post.

We don't have to do it that way, but it's always seemed to work out well for me.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:02 pm

I wasn't criticizing. It's actually a really good idea that never occurred to me, is what I meant. That's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next