FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+15
Chainlinc3
Eternity
Gunneh
Fluesopp
Loki
Bird of Hermes
Hello Danger
Kalon Ordona II
Shadow Moonseye
quakernuts
Blackrock
Buzzwulf
Dax
Guilty Carrion
Gadreille
19 posters

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 28 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Buzz has no computer and Dax has been missing since early November. I don't forsee a big jump in activity any time soon Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Aww... =(

Well, we'll just do our other role-plays in the meantime and use all the energy we would be spending on Emoria on those until the other Emoria people get back. Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 am

I fully intend on posting where I'm due, and fixing my last post (don't really like it). Now that work has finally calmed down I can get back to writing.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:19 pm

I know I need to post in Valinyx as well. I just have trouble thinking of where to go with it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 am

Ergh.

Yeah, um, I'm kinda responsible for the whole "Emoria stopping dead" thing, aren't I?

Soooooo... hi guys! I saved up money and finally managed to scrimp up enough to buy a new computer for the holidays! admittidly, not having a computer is a really bad excuse to not even get onto FOG for an entire quarter, cause I can borrow computers and stuff, for feel free to yell at me Embarassed

I promise that i'm still committed to this whole thing, however, and I'd love to continue it, if everyone is game.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm of course still game. I just need someone else to jumpstart it Wink
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 pm

*gets the cables*
Where'd I put the red one?
*looks in the holiday decorations box*
Got iiit!
Here you go! n_n
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Haha, I might need a bit more help than that, Kalon.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:40 am

I'm due in Valinyx so I'm going to try and get a post up this weekend. I may read over Sretin and see if there is anything I can do there. Folks, I can't restart Emoria on my own, so if you want it done then help me do it!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I am free all weekend to help out, in whatever form of assistance you need.
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks, I'm sure I'll need it!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Folks, I can't restart Emoria on my own, so if you want it done then help me do it!

I think I have given up on the Kvatch sub-plot. No one has replied to my PMs. So, I suppose I could join another thread if there is room.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Who else was in Kvatch?

We can always make room for you in any of the other threads, with your original character or a new one.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm

OK, so here is who I know is still participating:

Bird of Hermes
Buzzwulf
Gabe
Kalon Ordona II
Guilty Caririon
Ryona Noel
Silvone Elestahr
Quakernuts? (This being an assumption)

Is that it? If so, I've got some serious revamping to do in the Info thread.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Loki and Danger were in that thread. Both have been MIA for awhile. Or, at least, not responding to me.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Ah, yea. HD has been out for a while. I didn't realize Loki was no longer interested in Emoria. Bummer Sad

We've become a scant few. I know GC and I had talked about revamping the whole thing, but I'm not really sure how. I don't know if we are free to delete information of someone else's making or not. If others are interested in a revamp, I can talk to fate about it. But it would be a LOT of work.

If revamp is deemed a bad idea/no go, we can continue as is, its just going to take a bit of rearranging.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Whatever is decided, I am still interested. It doesn't matter to me even if I need to make a new character. I just want Emoria to continue. It's such a great collaboration.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, forgive me for being the devil's advocate, but if we're going to continue Emoria, or revamp it(which I prefer at this point) I think somethings need to change. Drastically.

I'm largely infavor of a revamp. A large scale redesign to weed out all the needless nations, subarcs and all the loose ends that the various comings and goings of players has caused. A solid world, with a solid foundation. We've been on incredibly shaky from the start and it's cost us a lot.

Should we revamp, I also think the number of worldspaces need to be limited. The original suffers from scale. It's massive, and we've got countless nations all over the place, all who want(or wanted) to have some role in the larger plot at hand. By no means do I think any one should be brutally slashed from the right to a nation...at least, any one who signs on to the immediate revamp(which even then, should be limited). New players, as mean as it sounds, shouldn't be given a worldspace. Constantly adding worldspaces just throws everything we work towards into wack.

For now, I'm going to just post this. I'll add more, but I'm wrapping up my weekend of family fun, and just wanted to weigh in before we go galvanting about again.

-GC
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm

While it may sound drastic, brutal, etc, I think GC is right. Every player having their own worldspace has made things huge. Add long periods of inactivity to the mix (which I was totally guilty of later in 2010 to mid 2011) and things stagnate, good ideas die, etc.

So, yes, I am in favor of a revamp. To what extent I haven't decided yet. Do we reboot from day 1? Do we rewrite the great Emorian crisis? Exactly how far would anyone in favor of revamping go with this? I personally don't think we need to kill everything we've done so far, but editing some of the events that have passed may not be a bad idea.

Last edited by Gabe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to an incomplete idea.)
Gabe
Gabe
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Something that bothers me is that some of our greatest plotlines derive from information that was not our own, such as Sretin, and Valinyx. In the revamp, would we be allowed to keep such information if it was not our creation? Would we have to start over? What would happen with all of the great IC posts we've created so far?

Things to think about before we all jump on this bandwagon. Things we may have to discuss with the administrators as well.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Tragic as it sounds, I think it's generally better to go for broke. Painful to admit it may be, but Emoria has essentially been a 'dead' rp for awhile, just limping along with small surges of life. It's been practically comatose, and for this version, I think it'd be best if we pulled the plug.

I know people won't be happy about that, about losing all those posts and what have you, but I honestly believe we need to scale this in, and treat it more like a regular RP. Which, above all else, NEEDS a concrete, absolute power, GM or two. Someone who can just say THIS is what we're doing, don't like it, there's the door.

As for the worldspace issues...is it fair of us to continue using someone else's idea? No, they never really responded to our questions about it, but a lot of concepts aren't our own, and we've been using them a ton. In a revamp, I'd like to believe we're more than capable of coming up with impressive plots all on our own using worldspaces.

And while it would be nice to just edit select events...every thing in a time line you screw with, causes ripples. For every thing we snip, we need to edit reactions, plans, plots...it's essentially the very thing that killed Emoria in the first place. Vanishing players forcing adaptation that has large scale consequences.
So, I'm in favour of a total world reset.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

I'd like to hear from everyone else their thoughts on this.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I think we could start it again right after the council and still revamp it. The other characters that have players who have left could just leave the council and never be heard of again. The worlds would be a bit more difficult.

That's just another option.

A complete revamp may be what we need.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Here are my thoughts, though they can be ignored since I will not be continuing with this. For many, many reasons, I think you need to go all the way in one direction or the other. If you are going to start over, then start over. Delete the entire section dedicated to Emoria, change the name, and create a new role-play. The idea for having its own sub-section was based on the idea that a whole lot of people would be participating. For a time, that is how it was. There are pro's and con's to that idea. I won't list them because I'm sure everyone is smart enough to figure them out.

If you don't want to start from scratch, then just do a large edit. There is no reason to destroy 85 percent of the project just to keep the rest. Keep what has been established, and make it work. Make changes where necessary, of course. That will undoubtedly still be a lot of work. But the payoff, and the lasting results, may be better. If you start over, I think it lessens your chances for actually getting anywhere with it. Right now, you have a lot of stuff actually done. I would take advantage of it.

I won't be continuing with this role-play for a few reasons. First, and most importantly, I simply don't have time. Secondly, I don't want to deal with the arguments or stress anymore. My project failed, and I knew it would. It was certainly fun while it lasted. But I think I will just let it go where it will. Feel free to do what you want with my character and world-space, even if it means cutting it out completely.

Good luck and godspeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 am

Silvone Elestahr wrote:
If you don't want to start from scratch, then just do a large edit. There is no reason to destroy 85 percent of the project just to keep the rest. Keep what has been established, and make it work. Make changes where necessary, of course. That will undoubtedly still be a lot of work. But the payoff, and the lasting results, may be better. If you start over, I think it lessens your chances for actually getting anywhere with it. Right now, you have a lot of stuff actually done. I would take advantage of it.

This is EXACTLY why I would prefer a major edit to a revamp. I don't have the energy to start over. I would much prefer to slowly start snipping away at what we do have (if our administrators will allow this) than scrapping it. I truly just can't deal with it. This isn't to say those of you interested in a revamp can't do it. I just don't know if I could be involved, and I certainly don't think I can lead it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 am

With The Emoria chapter ending, thought I would share some of the untold stories of my characters. Please keep in mind these are raw ideas, some of which weren’t even discussed with the other players:

Corbina:

While traveling to investigate Fermata, Corbina would build relationships with each of her travellers. Jar was her sparring partner, outlet for anger. I can't know how it would have worked out, but I imagined that the two would become good friends. Corbina was annoyed but intrigued with Boyd. There might have been a romantic relationship there...but her undying respect of the Azure hero Dasciis might have kept that from happening. I expected a sort of love triangle there.

Dasciis would have eventually confronted Boyd about the family ring. Eventually, they would have found out that Boyd was in fact Dasciis lost younger brother. I believe this would have changed their relationship tremendously...and perhaps end the love triangle, if there was one.

The group would have then reached the Jasidin territory, to drop Corbina off. They would find her land at war with the Fermatans. I’m not sure about the details here, but I remember the water Jasidin were going to cause a great tsunami. This would have crushed the Fermatan resources, perhaps even affecting Kvatch. It may also have had ramifications in other territories. The crisis would have been averted for a while.

Eventually, some MoN bad guys were going to reach the Jasidin. At this point, Corbina would find inner peace as she rallies the werewolves to fight for what is their land too. It would be an awesome battle, and one that they would lose. The Jasidin would retreat to what is left of Fermata, leaving their land behind them. The werewolves would treaty with whatever bad guys it was that attacked.

Reyabel:

It was somewhat obvious with my IC posts that Reyabel had discovered a reverse magic of her people. What she would eventually find out is that it is a rare capability among the Breale, one that was eventually hidden from knowledge except for the oldest books of the Nolwe Osto Library. She would eventually tell someone (probably Alphonse) about her gift. She would try to display it, and fail repeatedly. He would eventually witness it during a dire event. Her gift would be told to his officer, who would probably tell everyone else. I imagine what was left of Sretin would split to the “purists” and “survivalists”, people who want to go back to the way they were before the invasion, and the people who want to revisit the powers of old and reclaim their land. Reyabel I think loved Alphonse, but never would have shown it, for she knew where his heart lie. I also do not think she ever would have found her brother. I think that would permanently break her heart, and what fight she had in her would have ended. She had a lot of inner turmoil about the gift she was granted. It would not surprise me if, at some point, she was assassinated.

Alys/Annikhol:

Alys was bent on world domination. As you know IC, she was going to secretly use the mercenaries to kill the Sage (after the Sage had taken care of her rebellion through scare tactics). She would then sacrifice someone to make a Spirean believe that he had solely assassinated those Sage. This would give the Sage reason to go to war with Spire. Valinyx would support it, and Alys would have the Sage do the dirty work of destroying Spire. Alys did not care about Spire, but someone above her (Morgarath) wanted Spire to fall. In return for this, Alys would become High Priestess of Valinyx (after desposing of the current one). Ordis would finally rule. She would have done it for her god.

The person she sacrifices was going to be Niles’ sister, Naomi. Naomi was going to do it willingly, believing that the miracle was for Nilus’ future. Nilus would fall apart; forsake his place among the Ayrens and serve Alys, for if Naomi believed in her, so should he. Here we would have gotten an Anakin/Palpatine sort of relationship.

Alys’ downfall would be in Annikhol. Alys thought Annikhol as nothing but a cutthroat bitch like herself. This WAS true, but Annikhol spends much time with Nilus and Naomi and builds an attachment to them. She is the key. The Ayrens would investigate, and come for their man. Annikhol would help them discover what Alys had done, and maybe rally them into saving Valinyx...and Nilus.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 am

Awesome idea!
Challenge Accepted.

Chälan Irrdánë, with Tatyana and the other paladins setting out from Nolwë

Chälan would have gone with the group into the Mountains of Night, all the while looking for opportunities to win back Fionu. When they entered the mountains they would take note of everything they saw, most of which would be part of an elaborate ruse. If they were attacked on the way, I doubt there would have been any deaths, since this would have been detrimental to Morgarath's purpose. Attacks would have been passed off as insurgents or wild beasts.

At Morgarath's citadel, Chälan would have paid extra close attention to see if he could figure out what happened to Fionu's sister. It's possible they might have gotten her out and taken her with them when they left. Either that or Fionu/Saint would return after escorting them back out.

Afterward, the party would head to Vatienne and discover a whole slew of trouble and intrigue there. Jean would eventually become the next leader and would have to make a pilgrimage to Äm to finalize his position. I'm not sure where the Tynir would go, but probably not with them to Äm.

Somewhere between that and their arrival in Äm, the Jasidin tsunami will have taken place, damaging much of the coast. It is therefore somewhat chaotic as a new leader of Vatienne arrives. Still, in the end, all goes well. Afterward, Jean may accompany the paladins further into Aendrel or he might return to the mainland.

The paladins return to Aendrel, share everything they learned in the Council and while in the Mountains of Night, and reinsert themselves into Aendrel society as a whole as they make ready to send a large force into Talonia if necessary.

Lantis Ashei

Lantis would have helped with the trouble in Sretin. After everything stabilized, he too would journey to Aendrel, along with Daen, and probably by that time the overall story would have developed so that they arrive just in time to join all the paladins in the grand, central effort.

Aendrel

At some point there would occur a brilliant attack by Morgarath on the island continent. Nexus and new races would be involved. There would be much death and destruction. Many of the civilians would eventually take refuge beyond the portal in the Plane of Light. The rest of the military, along with the paladins, would remain and do battle. First in their homeland, and then further toward the final battle with Morgarath.

The Plane of Light

The Araltári would probably have had a role in helping the Thendári wake up to the attack by Morgarath, involving deception and betrayal as well as subtle magic. Some of the light-dwellers would cross over to the Material Plane and help out, until eventually most of the civilians were able to take shelter in the Light Plane itself.

It is possible that some of the Araltári might have gone with Alos and the paladins to the final battle with Morgarath, in order to be sources of Light energy and a defense against further deception.

Alos

Alos was in the Light Plane at the time of Morgarath's attack. Morgarath had waited for just such a time, when Alos had to tend to matters in his own domain and was away from Aendrel for a brief time. He came back with some of the Araltári and initiated the solution to bring the civilian Thendári into the Light Plane for the time being.

Alos would then assess the situation, bring a force of Araltári through the portal, and then seal it shut so that they could leave without Morgarath's forces trying to get in.

Then Alos and the Thendári would assemble, go to Äm, repeat, cross into Talonia, journey either to Nolwë or to whatever place all the forces against Morgarath were assembling. Or if they weren't yet at this point, they would try to incite them to do so. Starting with Vatienne, who would be only too glad to join the effort.

And, thus allied, I imagined the final battle would begin. Partly inside the Mountains of Night, partly outside. And if Morgarath and Alos dueled, it would be near the border, because Alos can't really go in and Morgarath wouldn't come out. Or, alternatively, they could go in and fight Morgarath at a disadvantage.

The final battle takes place. The monster is overcome. Morgarath is defeated and the Shadow Lords diminish.

What happens afterward was still up in the air. Balance would be restored, but it's possible that with Morgarath diminished, balance might lean the other way: too little shadow and too much light, which could eventually build into a whole new problem for Emoria. Or, everything could be fine.

Epilogue

Chälan hopefully gets Fionu to see the light, and he and his sister are free and happy again and all of them can be friends.

Depending on how central Chälan was to the main plot, there might be a conversation between him and Alos. Would have been interesting.

There might have been some romances developed which pay off at this point.

Lantis returns to help with the Breale's reconstruction.

The paladins return home.
The Thendári reemerge, not only from the Light Plane but also from Aendrel, helping with the reconstruction in other elf places like Nolwë.
Or maybe there'll be a new, more centralized elven home, if Morgarath destroyed a lot of the previous lands.

The world is not as it was. A new era begins.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Spire

I didn't really have many plans for this. Dasciis was going to travel with Boyd, eventually discovering that they were brothers. Plans beyond this point weren't yet developed, so I'm not sure where it would have ended up. I think they would have made quite the team though.

As for Spire itself, it was eventually going to be destroyed. Valinyx was going to use the Sages to make war across land, and the pirates were going to blockade the ports. The survivors of Spire would have just spread throughout the safe areas of Emoria, and the Heroes would have helped in the war wherever they could.

As a whole, my part of the world was made to be destroyed, but also to add to the story. I had no real long-term plans for it.

Gadreille has already covered my ideas for Valinyx. They were originally my ideas, and Alys was my character, but once again I let Gadreille take over Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 am

Oh, stories! I must read these. Whatever we do with Emoria, it will certainly be years after these events so feel free to share everyone else. (Who is still here?)
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:08 am

I know GC had a mental library of all of the plans, but I don't know if we could convince him to write them up for us. I'll ask.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next