FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Earth

Go down

The Dark Earth Empty The Dark Earth

Post by Fall of Man Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey, FoG community! As my first real roleplay story, I think I was going to use a pre-apocalyptic setting, using my character (who you can read about in the archives) Blo Blianco. This was supposed to sort of break off into a more restricted roleplay rather than relating to average, everyday stories in other RPs. I'll post the main introduction to the story below, as well as some rules, etc.

War. War. War. That word echoed in many minds throughout the United States. Rumors were that the Soviet Union was going to attack Washington D.C., and the way relations were going, it looked like it could have been true. The date of March 17, 2019 was the day when the war was called. The day of reckoning. Hundreds of Soviet troops were being sent to the West to siege the city of New York, New York, a huge economic standing point for the U.S. What's more was that this city held the largest civilian population not only in the U.S., but the entire continent of North America. If the Soviets were going to siege the city, they'd have to have tons of troops and supplies, as well as some strong guts. The attack was coming. The people of New York saw it. They felt it from the beginning. The government would not listen. The United States were completely caught off guard when some Russians fired at a crowd, killing nine. This event later became known as the Soviet Massacre. The president immediately sent in troops to fight the Russians head-on. The U.S. had an advantage of being on their home territory, whereas the Russians were over one-thousand miles from their home. It would take much longer to get the costantly needed supplies and troops to win the war of the city. For now, the fighting still goes on, a never ending killing spree, that both countries will most likely regret. But the people of New York weren't just going to sit back and watch. They were going to do something. And quick.

The idea is that your a civilian in New York in the middle of the chaos. You can also take roles of being soldiers on either side, although this should not be abused by people. The rules are simple: You can swear and get really in-depth with violence, however NO getting out of character (easy), and leave out racist and offensive comments during the roleplay. I will need at least two other people, so just post if you want to join, tell me the character you would like to use, and I can start up the OOC Smile

Roles Restricted to Certain Numbers:

U.S. Soldiers (Up to two)

U.S.S.R. Soldiers (Up to two)

Weapons:

Assault Rifle: AK-47, AK-103, Carbine, Tommy Typewriter

Assault Rifles do a good amount of damage while still having a fast firing rate, making it a very useful gun in almost any circumstance. Unfortuneately, these guns are hard to come by, and so is their ammo.

SMG: MP5, P90, F90, HK7, HK5

SMGs do low damage, but fire very, very fast, making it good for clearing out crowds of enemies. These guns can be found pretty easily, and you can find ammo almost everywhere since SMGs use handgun bullets.

Explosive: HE Grenade, Mark 141, L83A1

Explosives come in three main different types, the first being an actual explosion in which shrapnel is spread across in all directions, usually resulting in the enemy's death. Second is a flash grenade, which is mostly harmless to the body, but temporary blinds enemies allowing for people to sneak past or just kill them. Last is a smoke grenade, which causes for a huge cloud of smoke to spread across a certain distance, allowing for someone to escape from a large firefight or to just catch people off gaurd. Grenades are averagely found throughout however you can only hold three of each type at a time.

Handgun: 9mm Pistol, PT145, K100

Handguns are the most manuverable guns to have as they are small and lightweight. They do anywhere from low to moderate damage, and they are found pretty generally, and their ammo is common.

(Need some sniper rifles from you guys, thanks for helping Smile )

All combat-related confrontations should only be with other players, and try to keep NPC conversations to a minimal, although it's okay for a few times. If a player does die in RP combat with another, they can either come in with another one of their chars or just leave the RP. They may also choose to survive once and tell about stories of waking up in a hospital to provide a more unique experience. No godmoding or instant kills, too. Hopefully it will work Smile

Last edited by Fall of Man on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More things!!!)
Fall of Man
Fall of Man
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down