FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing a good name back to vampires

4 posters

Go down

Bringing a good name back to vampires Empty Bringing a good name back to vampires

Post by Unicorn Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Bringing a good name back to vampires Future_new_york_city-1280x800
Ħistøry Lessønᴊ__________________ᴊ
In the 80's, a secret war had begun. One that took place between vampires. Old blood houses worked together to defeat what could only have been called the Virus House. This new class of vampires did not need to drain their victims in order to turn them, a simple bite would do, and it wasn't only humans who fell victim to them, other well respected elder vampires were turned due to a betrayal or simply from being overwhelmed in battle. These vampires also seemed to be inately stronger. Quickly, the sheer numbers that they grew into became to overwhelming to stay secret, and with humans finding out about vampires and of course reacting irrationally, the Old Blood Houses found temselves fighting a physical and political war at the same time. The vampires tried to hastily explain that they had always intended to keep their populations in check, in nature it was always necessary for their to be more predators than prey, otherwise they would starve. That line did not do much to earn them popularity by the way...The Virus House quickly started taking over, and only four of the toughest Houses remained by the time the two races finally began working together to eliminate the destructive new breed of vampire. They were successful by the time the 90's rolled around, and an organization known as the Black Cross was founded to handle matters with vampires in the future. A large man-made island and a single city was put aside as living places for vampires of the remaining four houses and those from a broken bloodline. The races of vampires and humans acheived a sort of peace with this mediating organization, and with blood donations being made. The occasional human lover or volunteer helped too of course. All went well until an incident happened on April 1st, 2030-

An entire city and it's inhabitants gone almost over-night. No bodies means kidnapping, but the blood on the walls tell the story of violence. It is a human city and so the humans are the ones investigating, after a week they can find nothing. The area is quarentined pending investigation. At least that's what the public is told, in reality everyone that has gone in since the initial sweep of the city,fails to come out. Making their information on the situation limited, and raising confusing questions. The old Bloods believe something dark and supernatural is lurking beyond their sight, even the House of Minds, a House were psychic abilities allow a chosen few to see into the future, remain blank to it. They approach the Cross organization with their suspicions and a course of action is decided. One capable individual from each House, along with a Human, will enter the city to gather information. The small team should be large enough to meet an attack, but small enough to remain agile. What will our team find there in the mysterious city? Furthermore, will they even be able to cooperate long enough to get there?

Rules

Just so you know, these vampires in this rp are more like the classical vampires with a fantasy twist than like the vampires that I prefer not to even mention (sparkle and I kill you). They drink blood yes, but one bite won't turn a human into one of them, they have to share their blood with the human in order for the human to change. They have extra strength and speed, but the really powerful Old Bloods are the only ones that have the impressive attributes. Such as being able to run a bit faster than a motorbike or being able to throw one with ease, you'll be playing an Old Blood so you can have fun with that *thumbs up*. Each Old Blood character comes from a House, each House has a different 'talent'. These vampires are vulnerable to sunlight(burns them), water(melts their skin), silver(creates an infection), and a steak in the heart(turns them to ash). Any of those in the right quantity can kill your character

Ħouses

House of Masters
The House of Masters use Ki/Chi, or 'inner energy' to form threads that can wrap around another being and control their actions. They are different from the other houses in the respect that they can not practice to become better at their technique. It all has to do with their bloodline instead. They are perhaps the House that identifies best with the House of Minds, seeing as how they both act so civilized.

House of Warriors
This House produces the vampire world's best fighters physically. They tend to be tougher, stronger, and faster by nature. Their techneques are feared by their enemies or rivals. There's just one small thing. They are all in child form, and remain in that form until they find their soul mate, which for many they never do. The story behind their small predicament apparently involves a vampire lord an a gypsy.

House of Minds
These vampires posess psychic abilities that range from telekinesis to seeing into the future. Sometimes all in varying levels. They are known from being well respected and prim idividuals. They are known for being tacticians that are crucial to battle. They get along well with the House of Masters.

House of Masks
The most mysterious of all the houses, these vampires have the ability to change form into whatever or whomever they please. Nonbiological forms they can only hold for so long though, lest they lose themselves in that form.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Bringing a good name back to vampires Empty Re: Bringing a good name back to vampires

Post by Unicorn Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I am open to other 'House" ideas if you can think of any to replace the ones I thought up. But yah, anyone intersted in this?
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Bringing a good name back to vampires Empty Re: Bringing a good name back to vampires

Post by SanityStealer Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 am

Oh, no I love those House ideas! And I'm definitely interested in this. My only problem is that you made each House so appealing that I have no idea which one to pick for a character!

So, I'm assuming that there's going to be five characters, four vampires and one human?

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Yes, I want to play a house character but there is a need for me to play the human, since there is a specific way the black cross treats the idea of vampires, we need a responsible person willing to carry boring parts during the day when the vampires must sleep. And because of rooted plot points dealing with the Viral house and Black Cross.

Glad you find each appealing! For the warrior house I do preffer a male though, just so that's known.

Something about the little girl with a weapon kicking butt has always irked me, too marysue....
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 pm

All right then. I'll likely end up with a Minds or Masters character then; the shapeshifting sounds like fun, but I think I'd prefer a psychic type power for this.

Does there need to be any plot brainstorming, or do you have that all figured out?

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:11 pm

you can plan things on the side all you like, but the main plot I've got down pat. Keep in mind (haha) that the Mind House is all posh and aristocratic. Though you could go the total opposite and be a street punk that became bored with that lifestyle, though hard to imagine that for someone who is hundreds of years old....
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Hm. Okay.

Oh, now that was a bad pun. The longer one lives, the more bored (or more set in their ways) they'd become, would be my guess. Or there's always the younger vampire route. Either way, could make for an interesting character.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm liking this idea, very much actually. I think some reiteration of the meaning of the Houses would be helpful, though. From what I can understand, they're pretty much a bloodline, unless I'm mistaken.

My only issue is with the children aspect. Don't get me wrong, I love their usage, it's just there they're being used. Maybe it's just my view, but if anything I would see the children more likely to be masters, playing with dolls and such, but I can see the problems with that as well :/

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 pm

The children forms that the House of Warriors bloodline keep are meant as comic relief, if they keep their form then they're cute. If they poof into their adult form then they've found their soul mate, making everyone around them to witness such a thing likely to crack up.

Houses=bloodline

Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

The House of Warriors by the way are not children in mind or maturity btw, simply in body. I could post the story of how this strange thing happens if you like? The Gypsy story is amusing.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd like to read that.

...Oh, dear, I just had an amusing thought. What if the character in the House of Warriors finds his soul mate, poofs to adult -- and then is forced to try and convince his soul mate that yes, they are soul mates, and no, she doesn't have a choice.

Or he. Whichever.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Definitely interested in this; It's been a while since I've seen anything creative done with vampires other than them sparkling. Which isn't all that creative to begin with.

I'd probably go with a Mask character, seeing as they are all mysterious. Even with me joining in though, we'd still need to find another person.

Oh, and ditto on reading the Gypsy story. I might not be going with a Warrior vampire, but it'd still be nice to read it.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 pm

(SanityStealer, I like that idea, an even funnier idea would be them poofing into adult form for the human. Which would be the no nonsense Miss Black Cross Organization lady that would find such an idea ridiculous.)

Eons ago, in a galaxy far far away....oh wrong opening, sorry about that.

REWIND

It was far back in the younger days of the House of Warriors, just as no one thought them to be a particularly strong house, they were gaining their niche in the respective minds of the elders as fearsome combatters. Quickly they gained feeding territory, word of their strength spread like wildfire when it came to their Head of House. A vampire like no other, he was strong, but fearful.

Scarcely had any ever seen an individual of such caliber, and yet be so nervous. If those in the room were not bowed to him, he became paranoid and acted irrationally. He HAD to be on top for him to have any peace.

Such individuals are doomed from the beginning.

On an unlucky day, at an unlucky time, this grand warrior came out to feed, and came across children playing in a field of flowers by the light of the moon. "Should you not be in bed? Does not the night's darkness make you fearful?" He barked at the children.

"Night or day we play, our Madame keeps the danger at bay!" they piped.

"Your Madame has made you for fools! She can not protect you from me!" And he made a grab for one of the children, but at the same time, one of the children made a grab for him. "What is this?" he asked, incredulous.

"I have never met such an individual on such a high horse." the child said drowsily, and with a poof of smoke turned into a Woman draped in the clothing of a Gypsy. "Why do you grab for my children?" she asked.

"They believe they are not in danger, I will show them what danger is!"

"Why should they concern themselves with danger? It is only a concept."

The unabashed warrior argued for quite some time with this woman, determined to make his point, but no point could be made with the Gypsy woman. Finally he declared that he was going to suck her dry for not taking her seriously. At this arrogance the Gypsy woman smiled.

"Drink from me, and no one will ever take you, or those who partake in your blood, seriously ever again." The warrior scoffed at her threat and drank her whole. And upon the last drop he changed into a child.

Horrified, the warrior's pride took a hit, and so did the rest of the prideful warriors. They were each forced to behave in order to get any respect. For adults seldom listened to children. But perhaps this was fir the better, because being turned into a child took the Head of House off of his high horse and into a humble pony instead.

He begged the wisest of houses, the House of Minds fir aid after some time, and ironically, some growth. And they predicted this.

"You have grown in mind, but when you grow in heart, so to shall your body."

And it has been true ever since.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Unicorn Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I think that story needs some wine to along with it's boundless cheese, huzzah for more bad puns.

Just outa curiosity, who is interested in what character exactly? Cause the leftover I think I will take if no one is interested in taking them, I curtainly have a character idea anyway. Ragter wants the Mask character, sanity stealer wants the Mind character, wenyen wants the warrior, leaving the Master? Did I get it right? If not please correct me.
Unicorn
Unicorn
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:49 pm

You got that right, I think, Unicorn, save for the fact that Wenyen is actually Yenwen. Smile The story was quite a nice read, by the way; just the kind of thing you would expect an arrogant warrior to do.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanityStealer Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 am

If we don't get someone willing to play the master, one of us could double up.

SanityStealer
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 pm

I am totally up for playing a female Warrior.

I promise she won't be all mary-sue when I create her.
I already have a small idea in mind.:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down