FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf)

2 posters

Go down

In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf) Empty In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am

The darkness cloaked the throne room like a shroud of black silk, faces only visible by the few candelabras spread about here and there. Most of the faces being guards and servants looked very nervous being in such close proximity to their dangerous young emperor, no one was certain whether or not they'd leave this room alive if they made even one mistake on his orders. The emperor did not like failure.
Leaning back on his onyx throne, the piercing red eyes of Emperor Dorian rested upon the tall wineglass of Merlot he held in his right hand, swishing the dark liquid around the in the glass for his amusement.

If one could forget how cruel and malicious this young man was, then he was by far one of the most handsome men that graced the earth. His long jet black hair hung in shimmering waves down to his waist line and his eyes were the exact shade of the most prized blood garnet, his skin was pale but not sickly. He was like a dark god of seduction... with a fond taste for carnage.
“I expect news this eve” He murmured out of the blue, never taking his eyes from his Merlot “My orders were clear, the job was to be completed tonight or there would be hell to pay”
The assistant captain of the Imperial guard stepped forward with a gulp “Ye-yes my liege, my superior should be arriving back very soon with the 'cargo', we just received word not to long ago that the job was a success”

A cruel smirk appeared on Dorian's sensual lips, followed by a dark chuckle “Perfect, have this cargo deposited in my personal chambers, I will deal with it there myself. Alone. Oh and make sure it is cleaned up and looking nice”
The Imperial guard nodded vigorously and eagerly backed off to where he'd been standing previously, away from the throne.
“Now get out and none of you return until Captain Briggs has returned” Dorian ordered, moving his eyes from his glass to the small crowd in the throne room. None of them dared to object with those cruel beautiful eyes staring them down.
Once they had all filed out, Dorian stretched out across his throne with his long legs hanging over the the left arm of it “All of my plans are coming together, soon she will be at my mercy and her entire kingdom will crumble before me”

With one last chuckle Dorian brought his glass to his lips and took an elegant sip of the dark wine, he savored the spicy drink as he swallowed "It won't be long now, my dear" Dorian drawled arrogantly "Once I have you in my hands, you will be begging to stay here with me"

"Is it done, sir?"
Captain Briggs nodded at his assistant "Yes, Perigrin. It is done, everything has been arranged as the emperor order it to be done. She waits now in his chambers clean and dressed nicely, unconscious thankfully"
"Thankfully?" The assistant captain Perigrin asked in confusion "Why is that a good thing?"
"Because she was mad as a hornet when we first grabbed her, nearly bit my ear off" Captain Briggs explained, "Good luck to the emperor with that one, she's a real spitfire"
"Sounds like it" Perigrin responded before his superior turned and headed for the throne room to inform the emperor of the details.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf) Empty Re: In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf)

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 pm

It had been such a nice night, that it didn't seem possible that anything could go wrong. Even with the brewing tension, the young princess felt the need to do something other than stay locked within the stone walls of her castle. Possibly those men had been waiting for such a moment, giving her ample time to wander through the garden, drawn further away from the protected walls of her home. Even in the dress, if she had not been cornered, she might have managed to run back inside the door, even if it had been closed behind her. Instead in the shadows, she was suddenly more than aware that she wasn't alone on her nighttime walk.

Certainly she didn't go down easy, striking out at the first one to make a move on her. Distracted by him, she did manage a shout for help before another managed to silence her with a hand. She bit down on the palm of the one foolish enough to leave it there, digging nails into the hands that were trying to restrain her arms. For such a small princess, the group sent to gather her did not come out of it completely unharmed. One had a bitten hand, others had cuts from nails, or even just kicking at them. Though one bigger man loomed into the scene and she jerked back, still fighting against the restraining arms, one man down from a kick below the belt. Oh how she wished one of her own guards heard the shout! The guard trying to keep her quiet with the hand, removed it when she bit down hard enough that she actually tasted blood. She wasn't thinking much beyond getting free, having always been one to stand on her own, the soldiers teaching her as a child how to fight. She lunged at the one who seemed to be leader, headbutting him even as she winced at the way her arm was twisted. She had left herself open and one strike to her head had her out cold.

Those who hadn't seen her fight, would never believe the delicate princess to do such a thing. She was somewhat short at 5' 5", compared to most males anyway, and slender. She was out often enough that her skin was a light tan, hair a lovely light strawberry blond. It had been darker when she was little, but so much time in the sun had added more of a blond tint to the locks that hung as far as her hips. It had been in a braid when she was wandering the garden, though it was seen like some sort of leash by her captors, pulling the intricate braid apart.

Had she been awake when she arrived here, they would have had more of a fight on their hands. But when she had started to revive on the trip here, the men seemed more prepared to deal with an angry princess, a cloth soaked in some sort of liquid clamped over her nose as soon as she started to move. So other than a faint and muffled growl, she was put to sleep once more, making the process of dealing with her far easier. The blood from her fight with the guards was cleaned off, as well as the delicate princess changed into an outfit that wasn't dirty from the struggle. So she was sprawled on his bed where they had left her, the long hair tied back in a fairly simpler braid than she had been wearing prior. The waking was slow, feeling muddled from whatever drug they had used on her. Princess Alya groaned softly, shifting a small bit to try to make sure her body still worked, as well as to try to detect if anything was near her. She could only remember bits and pieces of what had happened.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf) Empty Re: In the darkest hour (Lamenting_Quill and Silver Wolf)

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Strolling confidently down the gloriously designed halls of his palace that led toward the wing containing his personal chambers, Dorian could not contain the dark smirk upon his kissable mouth. Everything was coming together now.
He remembered when he was a boy that this feud with their neighboring empire had still been going on, he recalled he had to have been at least ten when it started and he was a tender twenty two now. It was time it was ended, on his terms.

A chuckle escaped him as he thought then of his father, the late emperor Elitas. The poor fool was too weak to fight a war and wind, which was why Dorian had murdered the idiot at seventeen and gained control of the entire empire. The world was his to control and he was going to enjoy every second of it.
Realizing he had ceased moving when thinking about his stupid dead father, Dorian resumed his walk to his chambers, his resolve even stronger now than ever.

Finally arriving at his door, he smoothed down the intricate robes he was wearing befitting a grand emperor like himself and then checked his hair to make sure it maintained it's normal flawless appearance before he slipped a key into the lock of the door and turned the handle.
"Show time" He chuckled softly to himself before he pushed the door open gently, his garnet eyes glittering with mischief.
He had to say that he was pleased with what he saw when he entered, the princess Alya was as lovely as he had heard and she was serve his plans quite nicely.

"Welcome to Tenreth, fair Alya" Dorian drawled, his voice low and seductive as he sauntered forward ever so slowly "Do forgive my guards with their haste, they know how I look upon failure. Oh do forgive me, I am Dorian, emperor of Tenreth"
He gave the princess the sweeping elegant bow of a royal gentleman and then lifted his face to fix his garnet eyes upon her once more "You will learn to love it here, dear princess, I will see to that"

He could see panic start to brew on the pretty face of the princess and quickly moved to sit beside her upon the grand bed, reaching out to firmly but not painfully grasp her arm "Now, now my dear, so long as you behave nothing will happen to you"
Dorian lifted his free hand and stroked some free strands of hair from her face, his expression charming and seductive. Very few women could ever resist his charm, he knew he was extremely good looking and he intended to use this as he did often to get what he wanted when it was more beneficial than using the powerful dark magic he wielded.

He couldn't help but smile "Now, I think we should have a long talk"
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:37 pm

The longer she was awake, the clearer her head felt. As the grogginess faded, the aches were felt, a mix of the fight, the strike to her head and probably the ride to this castle from her own home. Either way she was sitting up, wincing as she tried to move but more focused on getting a better look at her surroundings and figure out where she was. Certainly it was a fancy bedroom, with a scent that told her this wasn't some guest room, that someone was usually here. She shifted, tucking her feet closer to her side, spreading out the skirt a bit to get comfortable.

"Welcome to Tenreth, fair Alya. Do forgive my guards with their haste, they know how I look upon failure. Oh do forgive me, I am Dorian, emperor of Tenreth."

The young princess barely held back the startled jump, so lost in her thoughts as to who would kidnap her that she had not even heard the door open. Lashes lowered over the green eyes, shielding herself even as she tracked his movements. At the elegant bow, her chin lifted a little higher, not quite meeting the kings gaze, but focused on tracking his movements. Invisible under the skirt was the way her feet curled closer to her side, trying to prepare herself to move in a way the would benefit her to keep out of his reach. Outwardly it was much like she were the one of higher rank than Dorian by the way she lifted her chin, not even making a more to do more than a very stiff nod in his direction,"There are manners when it comes to treating a lady. And being handled the way I was is not even close to such." After all, the way her head ached, the strike had been pretty hard, plus the fact that the princess even had to fight full grown men the way she had.

The words were only slightly shaky, fingers curling into the skirt though she was tense and growing more worried by the second the closer he came to the bed. She knew the face even if she did not know the voice and she knew she wouldn't want to be here. So even as he dropped to sit, the princess was scooting backwards to try to keep the space between them. The sudden grip on her arm prevented her from getting too far, though she tugged on the captive arm without making a show of straining against the hold. For a moment she froze at the touch of fingers brushing the loose hair aside. There was the smallest shudder before the princess was shaking her head, free hand grasping at the one around her arm, trying to pry his fingers free,"If you have any sense, you would release me now! I am not some toy for you to play with! I am a princess, Princess Alya of Thames!"

She didn't care if this was the king to the rivals kingdom. She wanted as far away from him as possibly, sliding back as far as the grip would allow, still pulling at his fingers. There was no signed truce, no ruling by her parents that she had to behave. He had kidnapped her, so she had every right to refuse anything and to fight if she so liked.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Dorian chuckled lightly and his grip upon her armed tightened to being almost painful "My dear, you have no idea with whom you are dealing or just what exactly I am capable of. I killed my own father and I barely blink at the memory of it"
He shrugged it off "He was in my way, so I got rid of him"
Pulling her back over to him as if by some unseen force making her unable to resist his grip on "Princess Alya, if you are kind to me you will find that I am a most hospitable host and believe me when I say that cooperating with me will be most pleasing for you. I think we will be good friends"

He yanked the princess into his arms and pressed her against his check, his lips were barely half an inch from hers as he whispered for only her "This world should be mine, Alya, I have always known that I was destined to rule over everything. Your family however stands in my way, now I could kill them and crush your kingdom along with all of its people... or there is another more peaceful way to handle this"
Dorian gently brushed his lips against hers before he continued "You could become my empress, your family and your people will live and I will gain everything I desire"

During the time he had the princess distracted with shock and and confusion judging by the blush on her face, he had her pressed down onto the plush mattress, his top half looming over her, his lips caressing her own "No one has to die, Alya. You can make sure of that by cooperating with me"
He could tell she was affected by him, she wanted him but she was struggling with the fact that they were enemies. The struggle would not last long however if he kept up the pace he was at, she would crumble beneath his touch until she could no longer resist him.

(OOC- sorry it's a bit on the short side, couldn't do too much more in this particular scene)

x

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OOC in IC)
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm

"Princess Alya, if you are kind to me you will find that I am a most hospitable host and believe me when I say that cooperating with me will be most pleasing for you. I think we will be good friends."

She wasn't fully controlled by whatever for this was so even as he pulled her closer, the princess struggled, kicking out at him. Nails dug in, trying to find some point in his hand that would hurt enough to make him release her. She was barely 17 years old, and being the heir to the throne, she had never even considered the thought of sleeping with a man until her marriage. She growled, though it probably sounded like the growling of a kitten coming from the princess,"We would never make good friends!"

But suddenly she was wrapped in his arms, cheeks coloring at the closeness. Both hands shoved at his shoulders, trying to get him to back off, listening to what he said even as she tried to get her space back. She was trembling only slightly even as she tried to find the leverage to push him back. Very nearly she wilted when he remarked about killing her family and crushing her kingdom. It nearly stopped her, but it was an idle threat because Thames wasn't that weak. They had their fights, and then they would draw even, coming to a standstill until something set off the other again. The two kingdoms were always watching the other that really it should have been no surprise that he would pull something like this, kidnapping someone important to the Thames Kingdom. And who better than the crown princess, the heir to the throne?

"No one has to die, Alya. You can make sure of that by cooperating with me."

"You could just as easily be destroyed." She hissed the words, angling her head away to avoid the kiss. Her cheeks were stained a bright red by now, the loose braid starting to unravel as she struggled. But she was suddenly more aware of the soft pressure under her back and head, that he had her pinned on the bed, just what she had been trying to avoid. In tests of strength, she would always lose since she was smaller than he was. And while she had some leverage on her side, it was next to useless against the male above her. Fingers were still wrapped around his shoulders, digging in to grip the fabric to be able to push. Though after a moment one hand was releasing to more forcefully keep his mouth away from hers, one hand actually clamped over his mouth, pushing his head back.

Her teeth were bared in another rather kittenish growl, a threat that if he tried anything more, she may very well bite. She had never been kissed before and the last thing she wanted was her first kiss to be with someone like Emperor Dorian. She knew somehow she should feel privileged that he was even offering what he was, that there were probably many women who would love to be in her place. Well they could happily trade with her if it meant she could get out of his reach.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:12 pm

As the Princess Alya continued to struggle even as he put in some influence with his dark magic, she was effected but not completely controlled. Dorian was very much entertained.
"Interesting" Dorian purred as he leaned back up into a sitting position, an amused smile touching his lips and his garnet eyes sparkling with ensnared interest "You do not succumb as easily to my power as most people. You are indeed worthy to become my empress"

Dorian lifted a hand and stroked her face before she could stop him "You will never be leaving here, my dear, so it would be best if you tried to make the most of your situation"
He gave her a sensual smile "You will find that there will be many perks to being my bride, you will enjoy it I am sure"
Moving gracefully from the bed, Dorian headed towards the door and then turned before grabbing the door knob "I will have a meal sent down to you soon, I have duties to attend to but I will join you sometime this evening. That should give you time to think things over"

With that Dorian turned and left the room the room, making sure to lock the door behind him.
His smirk refused to leave his face as he strode in the direction of the throne room, Alya would be his bride soon enough with the way things were going. It was obvious that Alya found him appealing.
He had to chuckle when he thought about what Alya said about his empire being just easily destroyed, no one knew what sorts of secrets the empire Tenreth hid and Dorian would whip it all out without even blinking an eye. The powers of darkness Dorian held within his hands could destroy everything if he wanted to, but it was so much more fun to watch everyone squirm and see how much he could get from all of this.

He was certain now that he desired to make Alya his empress, she suited him perfectly with her strength and beauty. They would rule the world together and their children would do so after them, it would be simply glorious.
For now however, he had the tedious duties of Imperial life to deal with first before he secured himself a bride.

Mira juggled the tray in her wrinkled arms as she stuffed a hand into her apron to withdraw the key and unlocked the door, she entered and quietly set the tray upon the rounded table in the corner.
The elderly head maid turned and looked at the girl on the bed, her kind eyes holding sympathy "I am so sorry my dear, I wish you did not have to endure all of this. I made this myself, I hope it will cheer you up a little bit"
The older woman moved towards the bed and extended a hand to the girl "Come now, my girl, I have been assigned to you today, so I do not have to leave you unless you want me to"

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm

She had always been one that certain magic seemed unable to control. When she was little, her mother had told her that could be to her benefit because enemies would not be able to take advantage of her through magic. If they put quite a bit of strength behind the magic, they might be able to overwhelm her but at the same time, she might be injured or killed in the process. It was not something that many would test if they wanted to keep the princess alive. And just the same, her own parents seemed to have the same skill, more defensive than offensive was their light magic. Dorian thought he had all the power, but if they were pushed to it, her parents could protect their kingdom from most dark magic. She knew it was a last resort but they would do it if they had to, though the magic didn't depend on just them, and they could pull it from the living nature as well, draining plants which often meant a weak harvest for a certain amount of time before the plants regained the lost energy.

"You will find that there will be many perks to being my bride, you will enjoy it I am sure."

The blond haired girl flinched away from the touch to her cheek, slapping the hand aside when she did. Whether she missed or not, she didn't care. Better that he moved away from her and left her alone. She had sat up once he moved far enough away, hands clenched in her lap, glaring at the emperor when he looked back,"I would never marry you! I would never, ever give you any children! I will do nothing that would ever be in your benefit!"

Finally she was blessedly alone again, able to breath a bit, a hand touching her lips before she jerked it away as though her lips burned. It had been a light kiss, but either way, he had kissed her. She had lost her first kiss to the Emperor of Tenreth and she hadn't been able to stop him. That arrogant bastard, thinking he was the best around, that she would fall for him at a single touch. If he tried it again, she would show him! She started to slide closer to the edge of the bed after sitting for a bit, and froze when she heard and saw the door opening again. He really wasn't returning was he? It was far too early and she wasn't prepared to deal with him right now.

"Come now, my girl, I have been assigned to you today, so I do not have to leave you unless you want me to."

"I..." She had relaxed only minimally when it wasn't Dorian who appeared at the door, but an elderly maid was not of her own family. This woman worked for the Emperor and for all she knew, anything she said to the woman would just go back to him. So she made no move to accept the offered hand,"I'm not really hungry."
Rather she was trying to shift to another edge of the bed to stand up, crossing to the window and look out since it seemed by Dorian's mind, she was trapped here. She might as well try to figure out what section of the castle she was in, and what lay near this room from the outside. The maid said she had made the food, but Alya still didn't trust it, not putting it past the bastard to have the food drugged. She wouldn't make anything easier for him so she ignored the tray on the table.

A hand pressed against the glass, trying to ignore the fact that her fingers were trembling. She was scared and for good reason, though she was trying to press that fear into an energy she could use to fight back, not something that would make her freeze up. The free hand reached back, pulling the tie free, letting the rest of the braid unravel behind her head. Fingers against the cool glass slid over to where the catch was, giving it an absent tug as though to see whether he had locked the window as well.

She was putting on a show for the maid that she was fine, ever the proper princess, hands finally going to work to re-braid the strawberry blond locks. When nothing outside really took her notice, she was circling around the room to pull the door, see if the Emperor had actually given orders to keep the door locked or not when the older woman brought the food. If it was unlocked, she was going to do a little searching and maybe find a place to hide to find her way outside.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Mira sighed softly and with one last sorry smile she turned and left the one, she locked the door behind her with a heavy heart. She did not want to do it, but all the servants in this palace were basically slaves and Mira had no choice but to obey.
She moved as steadily as she could manage back to the kitchens to grab some small comfort foods into a basket and then brought a small serving boy with her to help carry some towels and bubble bath, she was hoping these things might help cheer up her pretty charge. It broke Mira's heart to see the young woman struggling like that to keep herself together, it just wasn't right. That boy had gone too far this time, but she wouldn't fool herself into thinking he might care.

"Come along, Reggie, I do believe I might know someone who will want to play with you today" Mira cooed to the little eight year old boy at her side.
"Truly?" The youth asked, his blue eyes bright with hope "I never get to play"
"I know, dear" Mira said kindly "No one will miss you today, so I think it should be alright for you to tag along with me"
Reggie nodded eagerly and wondered about the person Miss Mira said would want to play with him, maybe they would want to do puzzles or make pictures. He had a nice ball to play with if they wanted to do that, he never got time to play with his ball.

Mira approached the door and slipped into the key, pushing the door open and letting little Reggie go in first.
"Hello, my dear, I brought some things for you to enjoy and I thought perhaps you might enjoy playing with little Reggie here, he never has anyone to play with him" Mira explained as she came closer.
Reggie nodded, his dishwater blonde curls bouncing as he did "I is always doing chores, but Miss Mira brought me with here today. She said we could play, I have puzzles and paper for coloring. I even have a really fun ball to bounce around, should I go get them?"

Mira smiled sweetly down Reggie's head and then looked to Alya with a warm smile "I think he likes you"
Reggie's face was alight with excitement, he was certainly very happy that someone might want to play with him and that he could have at least a short time to be an eight year old boy.
Moving from Reggie's side, Mira placed her offerings on the table where the tray of food sat and sat her tired old body down "Reggie is very proud of his ball"
Reggie nodded eagerly and looked back to Alya as he climbed onto the bed "It's bigger than my head and blue like the ocean, my mama showed me pictures of the ocean before she went to heaven"

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Of course the door was locked once Mira left. And so Alya wouldn't manage to make her escape, crossing back to the window to look out. At least she would have a view while she gathered up what courage she had for when he returned. She would rather be as far as possible before that happened, and while she wasn't certain she wanted company in the room, being alone just left her to dwell in her thoughts. Right at this moment, her thoughts was no place that she wanted to be, that she did not want to consider what the Emperor might try to do when he returned. Even as it spooked her, if she thought on it too long, there was the smallest shiver up her spine, recalling rumors she had overheard about the young emperor. She had even giggled over some of those rumors herself, not believing that anyone would willingly sleep with this monster.

She had just finished the last twist on a fancy and somewhat intricate braid when she detected the noise of the door unlocking once more. A simple task like braiding let her relax a bit, breathing slow and relaxed, able to grasp control again. But the simple sound of the click of the lock had her heart racing, spinning around to watch who entered, backing closer to the window. Once more she was able to breath when she spotted Mira entering, for a moment not noticing the smaller boy who followed.

That was until Mira made a remark about him, and the flood started. He was chattering away but she felt like she could actually breath again, letting Reggie's chatter focus her attention. A somewhat sad smile, the first smile since coming here, form on her lips. Once the younger boy seemed settled on the bed, she crossed over, very gently lowering to sit on the bed beside the child,"Maybe we should draw a little. I can draw you whatever you might like. And you should draw something special as well."

For a long moment after she spoke she just sat, watching him sideways, fingers curled together in her lap to keep from moving. But finally she had to, leaning forward, trying not to scare the child as she wrapped arms around him in a hug, pressing her cheek against the soft blond locks. The child was so sweet, but sent an ache in her heart. She was the heir to the throne, but she had a little brother. If her parents were still alive when he was old enough, he would rightfully become Crown Prince unless of course Alya married before he came of age. Her brother was just about this childs age, and looking down at him, reminded her that she was so far from Luka right now. She probably doted on her brother more than a sister should, but she wanted to be close to him and keep him safe.

And she could feel that same urge when she was introduced to Reggie, to gather him close and keep him safe. It was so much fun to share in Luka's excitement and joy, something she often hoped he would always keep within him. The hair below her cheek was much lighter than that of Luka's but she didn't mind. Her tilted her head down a little further, as though to shield herself from Mira seeing the few tears forming. She hadn't even been here more than a day and already she was starting to cry. Before she really lost control, she drew away, ruffling the blond hair with one hand, the other quickly wiping away the few tears before he noticed,"So what do you say? Draw me something nice? It will certainly brighten up this room, like you do."
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Reggie's smile was almost as wide as his face as he squealed with joy and then slipped from the bed and scampered off to get his paper and colored coal sticks, there was an extra bounce in the tiny boy's scamper now.
Mira chuckled after Reggie had gone "He really likes you, he is such a sweet boy. I was happy to take him along with me, those awful guards work that child far too hard with no time for him to ever be a child and play"
She smoothed her apron and sighed "His poor mother was never in very good health, poor Mariana died when he was only four years old. That wretched boy they call an emperor cared nothing for Mariana's condition and forced her to work just hard as he made all the younger servants. I do believe your presence will benefit that child, he needs more feminine influence than just mine. I fear the way that boy would turn out around here without it"

"I really am sorry about everything happening to you my dear, if I was younger I would try to help you" Mira added "I am old and I do not move so well anymore, but I can be your friend and be a shoulder to lean on"
Mira smiled genuinely and gestured to the basket "I collected some fresh fruits from the kitchen and some bread I just baked, I can bring you some butter for the bread if you would like it"
Before Alya could reply to Mira, Reggie bounced back into the room, cradling paper and a leather bag of coloring sticks in his arms. He was nearly breathless with his excitement, his blue eyes were bright with joy "I can color a nice butterfly or some flowers, Miss Mira told me girls like that kind of stuff. I also draw a nice boat, I like giving my boats really colorful sails"

Mira could not help but giggle as Reggie climbed onto the bed with his treasures, the boy always chattered like this when he was happy. It was wonderful for Mira to see the overworked youth so happy.
"He has colored me many fine boats I would be proud to sail in" Mira commented, winking warmly at Reggie whom smiled and giggled from the praise.
"Miss Mira hangs all my pictures up in her room" Reggie explained "She says I am the best colorer ever"
"That you are, my dear boy" Mira replied sweetly, smiling at the child "You are truly talented, Reggie"

"How is Mira doing with my bride to be?" Dorian drawled, turning to look at his personal assistant over the papers he was looking over "I do hope the old hag is keeping herself in line"
"Ah, yes sir. I heard she was in the kitchen earlier to grab some fruit and toiletries for Princess Alya" The assistant replied "I think she also grabbed that obnoxious little whelp to help her, his name escapes me"
"Who cares" Dorian said with a roll of his garnet eyes "So long as the whelp doesn't get in my way"
"Yes my liege" The assistant replied, keeping his eyes fearfully down upon the floor.
"Are we almost done here?" Dorian said irritatedly "I would very much like to get back to the task I was dealing with before, I am sure Alya misses me by now"
He chuckled because he knew that was entirely untrue, but he hardly cared though. Alya would be his soon enough, she would not be able to resist him for long and even she had to know that.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:47 pm

Alya watched after the blond boy, sighing under her breath. Making him happy went a ways toward making her feel even a bit happy herself. Enough that she could dismiss what was coming later. For now she was going to enjoy the time with Reggie and Mira, try to take in a little of that boys happy, energetic nature to keep her going and hope she found a way to keep the Emperor at arms length, or further.

Slender and delicate fingers toyed with the long braid, casting a short glance at Mira as the older woman spoke. Her eyebrows drew in with a small frown, uncertain when the Emperor was mentioned,"Much as I would love to make such remarks, I'm sure you already know to take care in what you say." She was trying to gentle the words, without seeming like she was ordering the older woman. She wanted nothing to do with Dorian and while she would love to make all sorts of remarks about him, she held her tongue. But she would not want anything to happen to Mira if word got back to him. A pause and she murmured, green eyes flickering away back to the door,"He is so much like my own little brother. I'm sure if he had been from Thames, Luka wouldn't have allowed our parents to make him work. He would have been the prince's playmate."

She couldn't stop the warm smile at the reappearance of the young boy, offering a hand to help him back onto the bed if he needed it, loaded down with his treasures as he was. She smiled, ruffling the blond locks,"Whatever you would like to draw me. I want something bright, and something that would make me think of you when I saw it." It was so easy to fall back into the routine like she would with her own brother, even tapping the younger boy on the nose gently.

So after retrieving a piece of paper from him, she grinned somewhat impishly, teasingly angling away as she started to draw. After all, she wouldn't want to show him before she was done. The stick she had chosen to start with was a simple black one, tracing her design, sometimes peeking over her shoulder as though to tease the younger boy. She always got into playful arguments with Luka, him wanting to see what she was drawing and sometimes even help her draw it. This was one benefit a princess had, much free time while she was young, to learn art and many other 'womanly' crafts. The black was traded with a few other colors of coal now and then before she settled back to wait for Reggie to finish with his drawing. Then she would present her drawing of a lovely stallion, a rider in armor on his back. There weren't many details since it was a fairly simple sketch. But she had tried to add colors and make it just detailed enough to show the warrior and his brave steed.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Mira watched with adoration as Reggie chatted animatedly with the young princess as he colored the sailboat he had just drawn, he snatched many different colored coloring sticks and piled on the color.
The sails looked like a rainbow of colors and the hull was a bright emerald green, it was nice to see Reggie so happy for once in his young life when the emperor could not steal it away from him.

She worried about what would happen to Reggie when she finally kicked the bucket, it made her heart grow fearful when she thought about young Reggie having no one to take care of him in this palace full of gruff guards and dizzy maids.
Reggie was such a good boy, Mira dreaded him being left all alone in this place after she passed and with the way she was worked, there was no telling when that could be.
Reggie proudly lifted up his picture for Alya to see when he was finished "Tada! Do you like it? I made the sails really colorful like you wanted"

Mira made a mental note to talk to Alya about if she managed to leave this place that she should find a way to take Reggie with her and give the boy the sort of life he deserved.

"That should cover it all nicely, your highness" The P.A said after Dorian had finished signing the last document.
"Good" Dorian replied, standing and smoothing his robes of the wrinkles it gained from sitting behind the desk of his study "I will leave you gentlemen to it then"
First thing he would do was put some dinner in his stomach and then take a bath, perhaps even change his clothes before he went to join Alya in his chambers.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

"Tada! Do you like it? I made the sails really colorful like you wanted."

"I love it." She made the words as sincere as possible because she was telling the truth. Absently she wiped at a tear, not making a remark on it, simply wrapping an arm around the smaller boy. Mira didn't even have to ask her, if Alya could escape, she would gladly take Reggie with her. So she showed him her drawing after he had shown her the brightly colored sail boat,"And this is my knight on his brave horse. You'll grow up big and strong like he is and save all the women. And probably be quite the heart breaker."

She laughed quietly, pressing a kiss on the blond hair, anything to hide her face for a moment. Reggie and Luka both would grow up to be heart breakers, she knew that much. She just held the smaller boy to her, for a long moment. But finally she had to pull away, to play some more before he would probably have to leave. So under Mira's watchful eye, Alya worked with Reggie, drawing whatever he liked, and teaching him to draw whatever he might want to draw.

She tried to keep up the animated mood, but the entire castle felt as dark as the Emperor. She wasn't really consciously aware of it, but the balance of light and dark, she could almost feel when that darker presence seemed to get closer. It wasn't enough of an awareness to know how close it was, just that it was stronger. So the older maid would be able to see the princess become a bit more strained as though she was remembering far to well the 'threat' that he would be joining her. She didn't want to let go of the energetic little boy beside her, but nothing would be done about it. The last thing she needed was for him to think she had an attachment to any particular person. As she knew, they could only be used against her and she wouldn't have Mira or Reggie hurt because of her after how kind they had been.

Already, once the darkness seemed stronger, she had folded up any pictures from Reggie, promising to find a place to hang them. She rubbed her cheek against the soft hair, trying to memorize it to keep her calm for the evening to come. She wouldn't put it past Dorian for this to be a challenge of wills between them when he arrived. She looked to Mira while the younger boy seemed caught up in the drawing he was working on, the princess having manage to get him to clean up most of the coal sticks before he did. A faint smile touched her lips, sadder than it had been for the last while,"I hope you would be able to bring him along again."

Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 am

Time seemed to pass quickly and Mira could sense that their time with the princess was up and the emperor would arrive soon, she had to get Reggie out of the room before he came.
“We must got now Reggie” Mira said as she got up to help Reggie gather up his things “I will do everything I can so you can come back as see Miss Alya as often as possible, I promise”
Reggie nodded, understanding why he had to leave. The emperor scared him senseless, those red eyes were so void of any compassion or warmth. Reggie believed he seriously needed a mommy to tell him no and ground him or something.

Once he had all of his stuff packed up, Reggie returned to the bed to give Alya a big hug and a kiss on the cheek before he returned to Mira's side and let the older woman usher him out of the room and down the halls before they were seen. It broke Mira's heart to have to lock the door behind her, but if she disobeyed strict orders then she knew the emperor would forbid her from seeing the princess anymore.

Dorian felt excellent as he strode down the halls leading to his bedchambers, tonight was the night that he would seduce Princess Alya and claim her as his empress, then their empires would be joined and he would rule over all.
Approaching his door Dorian withdrew the gilded key from the pocket of his robes and slipped it into the lock, he pushed the door open and entered before making sure the door was locked behind him. He gave Alya a warm smile, as if to suggest that he had any such thing inside him.
“Good evening, my dear” Dorian drawled, coming closer to where she stood by the window after having been staring out through the enchanted glass “I trust you had an eventful day. I heard Mira brought by a little friend on her duties today, some little whelp whose name escapes me. Did you have fun? Hm? I may feel inclined to let the whelp continue to come see you if you try to be a bit more cooperative with me. After all, you would benefit from from my plans too”
He did not wait for her say anything before he came close with a sensual smile “I was thinking perhaps that tonight we could enjoy some white wine together, I was thinking white wine because you probably are unaccustomed to drinking and white wine is delicate and not so strong as most wines. You will like it. Then I was thinking we could talk over wine, get to know each other, yes?”
First he would gain her trust and then he would lay down his moves, Alya would be unable to resist him and that's just the way Dorian wanted it.

“This isn't right” Hadleigh groaned, flicking a pebble of salt across the table where Mira was preparing dinner for the servants “Where does he get off”
“I do not know Hadleigh, my dear young man, I do not know” Mira replied to the young soldier, he had been recently recruited against his will into Dorian's army and hated it with a passion like he hated the emperor.
“He cannot honestly believe that a woman will just fall into his arms because he decrees it, a woman needs wooing. She needs to feel special and cherished, protected” Hadleigh said, forming one hand into a confident fist.
Mira smiled at him and nodded “That is very true, Hadleigh, you are a smart young man”
Hadleigh blushed and shook his head “Nah, I was just raised right. Not to mention I have you to keep me in line”
Laughter escaped Mira and she smiled at the chestnut haired young man “Yes, Hadleigh, you do. Do not ever forget that”
“I won't” Hadleigh promised seriously “After my folks died, you have been the closet thing to like a Grandmother that I have. I care about you, Mira”
Mira drew Hadleigh into her arms and hugged him “I am honored to think of you as my Grandson, Hadleigh. You are a good boy”
“I do not feel so good” Hadleigh grumbled into Mira's shoulder “Not with the sorts of thing that devil of an emperor wants us soldiers to do to innocent people. I mean he has us on standby to kill that princess's people! How wrong is that!”
“Oh Hadleigh, I am so sorry” Mira replied genuinely, knowing how Hadleigh felt about hurting good people.
“If he gives us the thumbs up to do it.... Mira.... I am going to run away.....” Hadleigh said softly “I do not want to kill anyone....”
Mira turned and stared at Hadleigh's sorrowful expression, she only wished she could take all of this young man's sadness and pain away from him for at least one day. This was too much on someone so young and so good hearted.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Alya wished for even a moment she could ask if Reggie could stay. Especially when the younger boy returned to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She gathered him into her arms for a moment longer, pressing a kiss of her own to the top of his head, trying to ignore the fact that she was starting to tremble a bit. It seemed Mira knew as well as she did that he was returning soon. As if on cue, moments after she had tucked the drawings in the first hiding place she could, she heard the door open. In the time he stepped in and had turned to lock the door, she had slipped across the room with only a whisper of cloth to the window to look out and possibly act like he wasn't there. Maybe he would get the hint that she didn't want him there and would leave her alone. Unlikely given his moods so far, but she could wish couldn't she?

“I trust you had an eventful day. I heard Mira brought by a little friend on her duties today, some little whelp whose name escapes me. Did you have fun? Hm? I may feel inclined to let the whelp continue to come see you if you try to be a bit more cooperative with me. After all, you would benefit from from my plans too."

She swallowed back the first remark that wanted to come up. She knew well enough not to give away any sort of attachment to anyone when she was on a rivals grounds. They could only be used to make her obey and it made her heart ache, thinking about either Mira or Reggie harmed. She had finally managed to smile the entire time Mira and Reggie had been here, but like nothing, Dorian soured her mood, frowning out the glass, though she was watching him sideways to keep track of his movements. A small sigh and shoulders lifted in a delicate shrug,"My day was my day. What does it matter to you how I spent it or who I spent it with?" She did not give a remark as to whether she enjoyed the day, nor whether she enjoyed the time with the other two.

“I was thinking perhaps that tonight we could enjoy some white wine together, I was thinking white wine because you probably are unaccustomed to drinking and white wine is delicate and not so strong as most wines. You will like it. Then I was thinking we could talk over wine, get to know each other, yes?”

"I am certain you must have some more pressing Imperial matters to attend to, rather than dally here Emperor." She fought to keep her tone as cool as possible, not a hint of trembling or even anger. Instead she was turning away from the window, giving him no more than a passing glance, before she was slipping past to get out of his reach. It was quick enough for the light footed princess that she had managed to cross to the table without being stopped. Instead she was peeking through the baskets of gifts and the towels among other things that Mira had brought, along with the delightful little boy. Anything to keep busy and keep her gaze off of the Emperor. Certainly she was attracted to him, no right minded female wouldn't be but that did not mean she felt anything more for him, least of which wanting to be anywhere near him. Certain that he wouldn't walk quietly, she believed she would detect him approaching and manage to slip away gracefully before he got within reach.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 pm

So that was the way she wanted to play, well Dorian didn't mind it at all. In fact he had to admit that he found her game of cat and mouse rather enticing and sexy. He knew she wanted him, she just needed a bit coaxing.
Dorian reached out before she could react and grasped her arm and pulled her to the bed to sit down where he poured a glass of the white wine he'd brought and handed it her before pouring one for himself "Relax, Alya, I am not going to force myself on you. I would prefer that you want it yourself. So much more fun that way, I think"

He took a tentative sip of his wine and then looked back to Alya "Now I think the two of us just need to talk and get to know each other better, come to a better understanding. I think then that you might find me far more appealing. Did you know that I excel in foreign languages and exotic literature? My tutors always praised me for being right on target. I've also got quite a hand in the arcane, practiced my whole life"
Dorian took another sip and relaxed his shoulders a bit, he needed to keep his cool and be as calm as possible as to not startle the skittish princess "How about you? Anything interesting about yourself?"

Normally he wouldn't have bothered with all of this when it came to a woman, but Alya interested him and gave him a fun challenge. Dorian liked strength in a woman and Alya had buckets of that, she was intelligent too as she had so far managed to match him quip for quip. The pair of them were well matched and he was going to make her see that.
Dorian desired a bride as intelligent and strong as he himself was, he more than desire it to be honest, he needed it. He couldn't fathom spending eternity with a meek and quiet woman whom would rather shut up and behave like a rug on the floor than a flesh and blood woman of strength, beauty and prestige.

"Hadleigh, will I be as big and strong as you one day?" Reggie asked, watching as Hadleigh suited up for tonight's watch on the towers.
Hadleigh laughed and ruffled the boys curls "Absolutely, Reggie. You just keep your chin up and stay strong, make sure to keep hope in your heart. I know that sounds corny, but it's the only way we can survive in this world and not be crushed. Hope is everything, don't forget that"
Reggie nodded vigorously at the words of his childhood hero "I will, I promise. I will never forget, not ever"
Hadleigh smiled and gave the boy a hug before turning to leave his chambers "You are welcome to hide out here in my room, little guy. You could probably use a nap, you certainly look tired"
The little boy nodded "Yep, I am pretty sleepy. Thanks Hadleigh"
"Anytime kiddo" Hadleugh said with a warm smile before he exited through the door and shut it behind him, he was happy to provide the child with someplace safe to get a good nap in.

Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 pm

There was the smallest yelp from the princess when fingers wrapped around her arm, pulling her away from what she was doing. The towel she had just picked up was dropped back on the table even as he pulled, the princess stumbling a step since she hadn't had any prior warning to being dragged around. She eyed the wine that was handed to her after dropping to sit on the bed, though making a point of sliding a bit further away from him. That was the last thing she needed was more contact with the Emperor. And she didn't care right now if he knew that was what was bothering her.

But she had to laugh, quietly and not in the least bit as happy as the laughter had been with Reggie. So he wasn't the type to force himself on others? Certainly seemed like the type, or at least from what the rumors had painted him to be. He never stood for failure and obviously didn't like disobedience but yet he wasn't going to force the issue between them. With nothing better to do, and simply to give her self something to do rather than respond for a moment, she took a sip of the wine as well, considering the taste, keeping a close eye on the other male. The style and cut of the dress was just a bit different from the type she wore at home, just a bit more tight-fitting, leading to a slender waist. A hand tugged at the fabric across her breasts, trying to make it more like she were fiddling with the lacy flower there than she was pulling the fabric up a little higher, feeling a bit too exposed in this outfit when it wasn't even as extreme as it could be,"You think...Right. Rumors speak differently."

He delved into his excellence in studies, obviously trying to show her he might be intelligent. She focused her gaze on the wine she held, taking another small sip before swirling the liquid. Having not eaten earlier in the day, she knew even the weaker alcohol may bother her more but she needed to do something with her hands and give herself reasons not to speak as she considered her words carefully,"I have always been stronger in the arts. Drawing, painting of the written arts and singing for the musical arts. Once startled to learn how to play the harp, but I wasn't very good at it." There was an even delicate touch of pink to her cheeks when she remarked on something she wasn't good at. That was certainly something she hadn't meant to say.

So she strove onward, taking a sip to cover the small slip, the pink darkening even a small bit. So now she just held the wine, watching the pale liquid though fully aware of the Emperor near by. Ankles crossed, delicately tucking her feet closer to the bed, sitting up a little straighter like a proper princess. Now came for more of the fun blow, because princesses were normally expected to sit at home and nothing more,"I was also taught archery. My soldiers say I am a natural when it comes to shooting an arrow. I was also taught a few other various styles of fighting and swordplay." A delicate hint that she wasn't any sort of weak princess, and give her a single chance, she would very well turn on him. Certainly her parents probably did not approve of the princess learning of the skills, but she had felt the need, to be able to stand on her own and protect the ones she cared for.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamenting_Quill Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Dorian nodded with an intrigued smile, he was genuinely interested now more than ever. He himself had practiced fighting with his dark magic combined with different style of the martial arts, but he had never really actually picked up a weapon. He liked the feeling of the swirling shadow in his hands.
"I like that in a woman, I find those prissy princesses to be particularly obnoxious" Dorian replied sincerely "Simpering and whining non-stop"

He couldn't help himself then as she sat there looking so vulnerable and delicious, he leaned over and pulled her to him. His lips eagerly sought hers, capturing them in a melting kiss of passion and desire. Dorian pressed her down into the plush bed, his hands skillfully caressing her skin in all the right places to entice.
When he felt her start to resist after the initial shock, he caressed her hair and murmured softly against her lips "Shhh, it's alright. Just enjoy yourself, I won't push you farther than you can handle"

He couldn't go back now, this particular woman was just too tantalizing. This one was definitely the one to be his bride, his empress. She would be the one to stand beside him and rule this world. For so long he had searched for the perfect woman to stand by his side as his equal and now he was certain that he had. Alya was strong, beautiful and talented; everything he desired to have in his bride.
"I can make you happy" Dorian purred against her lips between kisses, his lips drifting down her neck after awhile "I can give you anything you desire, anything at all. Just say yes, be my bride"

His hand drifted down to caress her hip lazily as his lips took playful and seductive nibbles at the base of her neck. She tasted divine, simply and utterly divine like the sweetest wine. He would devour her if he could, but he promised not to push things beyond her ability to handle.
Lamenting_Quill
Lamenting_Quill
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Rather than any warning against him, the idea that the princess could fight seemed to amuse the Emperor. She'd show him, the moment that she got a bow or sword in hand, he wouldn't be laughing then. She hadn't taken down an enemy yet except for one of her own guards. Some of the guards went a little easy on the princess when it came to learning to fight, not wanting to injure her. When she was younger, that may have been an issue, but most of her men, she had managed to get them to learn not to think of her as a princess when she was learning from them, and not to let her win like they were prone to do.

She was so deep in her thoughts, trying to figure out what to say that would make the Emperor back off, when he made his move. Suddenly the smaller princess was pulled over, a soft squeak of surprise cut off when he kissed her. She was downright shocked by the move and the much more real kiss being pressed on her lips. The wineglass tipped from weakened fingers, the last of the liquid spilling out, but she didn't notice, suddenly more than focused by the hands and lips.

"I can make you happy. I can give you anything you desire, anything at all. Just say yes, be my bride."

She was frozen in shock for a long moment after her back had met the mattress. But suddenly it was like waking up, the princess squirming to escape his grip. She would not enjoy herself, and she would not be his bride! She would teach this insufferable Emperor that he would not win everything just because of rank! Against her will, there was a soft whimper from her throat when he nibbled on her neck, fingers wrapped in the bedding beside her, shifting away from his hands when she could. And then she remembered herself enough to change the grip to his shoulders, and try to push the Emperor away, to give her room to get her breathing under control.

To which she hoped he didn't notice the fact that her heart was racing just a little bit faster. She swallowed, trying to find her voice and keep from making any other noises other than speaking,"I won't be your bride. I am not some prize just because you are Emperor. I don't know anyone who would want to be married to someone like you!" Fingers of one hand managed to tangle in his hair, trying to pull on the dark locks to get his head back, green eyes narrowed as she glared at the Emperor, though ruined by the pink lips from kissing, the pink tint to her cheeks and the slightly nervous breathing.
Silver Wolf
Silver Wolf
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down