FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At What Price?

Go down

At What Price? Empty At What Price?

Post by Squall Reyes Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:00 pm

June 2, the 1978th year of the 3rd Age, my name is Marcus Vercan.We found a group of them today within the inner walls. They are starting to push deeper into the city again, we are at a lost to what it means. Perhaps the they are just roamers, or perhaps the worlds has been sucked so dry that the monsters return in hopes of finding scrapes. They had found a family which had forsaken our protection, the father fought bravely, but the outcome was never in doubt. Man, woman and child all consumed before we could arrive. Once we arrived we came at them hard, swords and bullets all seemingly finding their marks. One of the group continued to fire his gun into the head of one of them, well after it had expired. He tried to hide it but I saw him lick a bit of the creatures black blood from his hand. What’s happened to this world? What’s happening to us?

I remember when this city was bright, tall and grand. It was the capital of Olida, my country, my home and one of the most prosperous nations on the planet. It was a city of poor and rich, young and old, freedom and laws. In the center of the city stood the House of the Republic, a majestic white building that housed the freedoms and laws that kept our city thriving. On each of its side stood Throden Cathedral and the Plodicaric Science Center, the two though separated by the House worked closely together. It was the belief among the city founders and among the people of Olida that science was God’s gift of providing for the people bodies, while the church supported the peoples souls. The city felt like it would stand for thousands of years, that soon man would take his feats into the stars.

No one is sure what happened, what experiment went wrong or why, the experiments inside the Center were always considered top secret. Or perhaps nothing had gone wrong at all and our people had reached too far into God’s domain. All we know is that they first attacked the House, vile disgusting animalistic monsters who seemed invulnerable to pain who quickly overran the soldiers protecting the gates and people. The Great House fell into ruins, a massive explosion gutting the building from the inside. We don’t know how many had died beneath the rubble and fire. No one had any time to check, because soon more monsters appeared, and began to attack every other building and everybody they could sink their teeth into. No man, woman or child was safe, the city’s great population was almost consumed in a days time.

Now everything in this world is burning and our people are on the brink of extinction. The demons had moved on from here, to the other countries. Now the survivors gather here, in this once great city of peace. We are united now because everyone is fighting to avoid extinction. The sky is black and red above us and the sun rarely shines, some say it's because of smoke and human ash. We live off of what we can, and defend ourselves with grit and desperation.

But we are growing skilled at killing them. We wait inside the rubble of our homes, we stay silent and wait for them to cross our paths. We jump on them, striking as hard and as fast as the lighting that often gives us what little light we have to work with and we stab them in the head or in the heart, we fire our bullets into their black bodies until they bleed that black goo from their wounds. But we are changing, I can’t help but notice it. I have not eaten real food in days, yet I feel no hunger. I feel stronger, and faster than I ever had before they came. There is little light, but I believe each of us are changing in our own way. Rumor’s spread of groups of survivors eating the flesh of our enemies. Other rumors speak of those survivors developing the dark magic used by our enemies. We are losing our souls. I once believed that no matter the cost, we must survive. Are we willing to give our souls to live?

---------------------

I'm looking to see who is interested in this RP. Where you take the rules of desperate survivors against a great enemy. The changes you go trough is up to your imagination. Choices are yours to make, do you continue to make dark choices and continue lost your soul but gain great power. Or do you keep your physical strength and speed and continue to hang on to what humanity you have left.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down