FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I come in peace

+2
Silvan Arrow
Raziel
6 posters

Go down

I come in peace Empty I come in peace

Post by Raziel Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Out of the early morning haze a loud trumpet thundered and across the land both man and beast alike felt a tremor within their very being.
Suddenly a fireball streaked through the clouds with a dull roar, slowly dark shapes began falling from where the visitor breached the clouds, from a distance they looked like the bodies of an unknown creature.
Slowly emerging from the conflagration came a winged figure in shining armor.
The visitor struck the ground with a tremendous crash. Sending dust, rock, and all manner of debris flying in all directions.
After a moment of stunned silence onlookers began to converged upon this strange sight, soon the dust cleared, revealing a sight that some would call inspiring others would call terrifying.
He stood over six feet tall, with brown hair cut short in a militaristic manner. He had broad shoulders and arms that would probably bend the strongest of alloys. He wore golden armour that glowed a light red from the heat acquired during re-entry. In his left hand he held a two-handed broadsword that gleamed with a ethereal quality. And from his back were two great pair of wings, that were as beautiful and as ferocious as a hawks.
“Behold!” he boomed.“I have come to this foreign land in search of tales of great valor and cunning.”
He lifted the majestic blade and in a swift motion plunged its tip into the ground, allowing it to stand on its own.
The angel continued.“I am called Raziel. And although I am but a new born babe compared to your vast experience. I wish to stand beside you and learn all that you will allow me. Together, I promise you that all our allies will be strengthened by our combined might. And our enemies shall cower before us.”
He swept his gaze across the crowd as a thick mist began to slowly gathered around him.
He lifted a clenched fist over his head and roared.“So. What say you?”
Raziel
Raziel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

I come in peace Empty Re: I come in peace

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, what an epic intro post! Welcome to FoG, Raziel! You have come to the right land for tales of great valor and cunning, and you will no doubt learn much as you ally yourself with the rest of our writing community.

Just as a random side note, Raziel is the name of an angel in a book series by Cassandra Clare. Very cool!

Enjoy your stay! I'm Silvan, one of the global mods, so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Now then...go forth, and our enemies shall indeed cower before us!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Thank you very much. Raziel is also the Angel of Secrets. So let it be known that what is told to me in confidence I will take to my grave.

Unless I feel it is necessary to do otherwise.
Raziel
Raziel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Niiiice intro post! Got a RP in mind to go with that, perhaps??

Anyway, welcome to FoG, home of some of the best writers it has been my pleasure to collaborate with. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

I am Digital Muse a simple scholar and author of dreams. Welcome.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:23 pm

An RP is definitely in the cards, but bare in mind that I'm known to have a short attention span and therefore-OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!
Raziel
Raziel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:44 am

A Basic Greeting:

Bravo for the fascinating introduction. It's always fun to get a feel for a person based on their writing an introduction.

My name is Kathryn, and I'm one of the admins for FoG. I'm super relaxed, so have no fears that I may be stuffy and intimidating despite what you may have seen in the chatbox earlier... >.>;;

Anyway, if you have any questions or you just want to chat it up, I'll be around.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Raziel, nice to meet you. I'm the other Global Mod here with Silvan Arrow.

As the others have said, nice introduction. I, myself, find great interest in the Kabbalah and Angelology. I used to master an RP that was mostly centered around early mysticism and dealt with angels, demons, and the like. Alas, that was years ago and I haven't much picked up interest in that genre again. Perhaps you can help me try again later.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 am

A tall knight in gleaming mithril armor separated from the crowd, and with his bright blade hefted in the manner of a salute he advanced in greeting toward the winged warrior.

"Welcome, O Raziel, Keeper of Secrets," he said. "I am called Kalon Ordona the Second, Keeper of Tales, and great tales indeed may be found among our holds. Outside our misted woods many dangers loom, and yes even within there are corners of our world yet undiscovered, and some of these hold great evils, great treasures, or even, great secrets. The chance, yea, the need, for valor and cunning has always been upon us, but the mists teach us to be wise, to learn insight and see far into the shadows, and yet reveal nothing of our own selves or wards to those whom it is not given to know.

"If you would make our cause and our enemies your own, then let fate lead your footsteps unto our halls, and all shall rejoice! And there shall be song, and laughter, and courage, and might. I say come, and walk with us, unto glory!"

And at this a choral shout of agreement lifted from the crowd and swept up across the hills, echoing back from places far out of sight.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:35 pm

The Seraph walked over to the warrior, pulling his blade from the ground as he passed. When he faced the Emerald Knight, Raziel unfurled his wing and light blazed forth, temporarily dispelling the mist that surrounded them all.
"Your words ring true, Noble One. And I hope to soon lend my strength to yours in battle. But for now I only wish to explore this new world.” He said with a broad sweep of his arm.
“And perhaps have a bit of fun along the way.”He added with a slight smile

Last edited by Raziel on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raziel
Raziel
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 am

Joe looks to Bob and asked with a raised brow, "Are they really speaking in Elizabethan right now?"

"Shush!" demands Bob. "This is good!"
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down