FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoria: OOC

+11
Buzzwulf
Blackrock
Gabe
Hello Danger
Sighlent
Guilty Carrion
Dax
Loki
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Bird of Hermes
15 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Emoria: OOC - Page 32 Empty Re: Emoria: OOC

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

@Shadow Moonseye: I think that is a good way to go about it, to be honest. The great library and its power and knowledge, and the dark lord and his power should be eventually be destroyed in the conflict. I also agree that the whole stats thing is treading dangerous water, though if done properly it could be fun to try. However, just coordinating between participating players should be more than necessary and, as Shadow said, if it needs to it can come down to a dice roll or coin toss.

I know that everyone has grown attached to their characters and doesn't want to see anything they have created destroyed. But we all must keep in mind that this is a group effort to create and entertaining story. In all good stories there is loss, and must good stories end with triumph in some form. In the end, I believe that good should, no must!, prevail. However, the degree of their preservation is what should be debated.

Not all evil has to be eradicated either. I agree with shadow that Morgorath himself should be destroyed, though that wouldn't necessarily end the evil that he is nurtured in Emoria. However, it would put an end to the ultimate threat against life in Emoria. And that, in itself, is enough to call the story a triumph rather than a loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Hip-Hip-Huzzah! Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Alright, that is cool, then. Some sort of dice rolls here and there would be awesome, actually.

Lol, um, Kalon... you ok? xD
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Razz

It's just once again a great feeling being in here with so many great writers doing a great project under great management. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Yah, I guess that is pretty... great. lol

Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote: In all good stories there is loss, and must good stories end with triumph in some form. In the end, I believe that good should, no must!, prevail. However, the degree of their preservation is what should be debated.

I would like to point out that good does not always win in reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 pm

I would like to point out that I didn't mention reality anywhere in that post, particularly not in the quote you posted. Magic is also not in reality. Nor are dark lords, other realms, werewolves, Emoria...etc. The list goes on. I believe I said good stories, and a good story rarely coincides with reality. That is what makes them good stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Raptorman wrote:
Silvone Elestahr wrote: In all good stories there is loss, and must good stories end with triumph in some form. In the end, I believe that good should, no must!, prevail. However, the degree of their preservation is what should be debated.

And good doesn't have to win. It may be very likely that something evil defeats Morgarath as well. But this is all a very long way off, and I expect that you will have a good deal of fun destroying most of us before the end.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

And good doesn't have to win. It may be very likely that something evil defeats Morgarath as well. But this is all a very long way off, and I expect that you will have a good deal of fun destroying most of us before the end.

Something more evil then the Darklord? -shudders- That would be a sight to see. lol
And yes I probably will enjoy getting to destroy some stuff, it is always fun.
You know, perhaps those raptors of mine showing up would spell a good beginning to the new chapter, after morgarath, they do have the ability to be a great threat even though they are not evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:07 pm

That might be something we do. We'll hold on it for future reference. Like I said, lets not plan too much. Let's just have fun Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm

That is the whole point after all. To have fun. Smile lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:33 pm

I personally would like to see something along the lines of a stalemate (with the exception of those players who wish to quit or otherwise redo their civilization). That way nobody will be removed from the RP against their will. As I mentioned before, I would be willing to have Kvatch overrun by the Tynir as long as I had a place to relocate my society (such as the islands to the southwest).
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Loki wrote:I personally would like to see something along the lines of a stalemate (with the exception of those players who wish to quit or otherwise redo their civilization). That way nobody will be removed from the RP against their will. As I mentioned before, I would be willing to have Kvatch overrun by the Tynir as long as I had a place to relocate my society (such as the islands to the southwest).

We will never deny someone survivors and eventual relocation. After all, something has to be left of the planet. Even Sretin has survivors (whenever I get around to making my character for them...-_-)
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Since i have heard rumors that suggest people think I have left I most definitely have not left. I have just been very busy. I hope to get a post up in council of evil tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Awesome, we look forward to reading it.

And Silvone's (any day now love!) *cough cough*
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 pm

I haven't had a chance yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Emoria: OOC - Page 32 Extendedterr-1

This is the map for the other landmass. Spectre and Lady_Despair have first dibs on where they place their world-spaces. I know Spectre already placed his, but I don't remember where it was. So, Spectre, I need you to repost this map with your world-space marked. Just put a colored x over the area, or shade it in. Whichever you prefer.

Then I need Lady_Despair to do the same. Copy the map and paste it in paint or something, mark your world-space, and then repost it. If you aren't sure how to do it, Raptorman can show you.

Then Quakernuts and Chainlinc can claim their areas for their characters, since they have expressed interest in joining Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Yay! New people and land!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:48 am

Quakernuts and Chainlinc!! AWESOME!! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzwulf Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:43 am

I... don't get it.

I just don't really understand how something shaped like that could possibly ever exist. Maybe it was some super-massive volcano or something in the past, and now it's just a continent-sized caldera? The plate tectonics to make that thing would be massively screwed up.

I'm not complaining or anything, far from it. I just think that for such and interestingly-shaped landmass, there should be an equally interesting story behind it.
Buzzwulf
Buzzwulf
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 am

Meteor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 am

The new landmass looks funky. Nod

Now, I'll share those thoughts of mine on who should "win". It has already been pointed out that, a definite victory of any one side usually doesn't make for an interesting story. There should be loss, there should be hope, there should be misery and suffering, but also all those epic moments that make you feel cool. So yeah, I won't waste your time with any of that.

The nation stats, however, are a different matter. I think they are totally unnecessary. The reasons for this have already been pointed out, but I'll toss in a few more musings. For one, having stats or dice rolls (especially those) is not solving the problem, it's avoiding it. If two people can't come to an understanding regarding a battle, rolling a twenty isn't going to solve much. Yes, the outcome will be decided, but there will still be sad pandas and whatnot. Plus, getting those stats right will open an entirely different can of worms. Balance, if you've played any sort of strategy game (for example), is what makes or breaks the whole deal. And getting that right...it's just another layer of arguments.

In the end, I think we should just let the story write itself. When said confrontations take place, I trust that people will be mature enough to work things out between themselves. Hey, we've gotten this far, right? As for that grand moment, when the fate of the world is decided, based on what has happened and so forth, I think the winner will be pretty clear. Or not. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Wonderful points, Black Rock. I was telling Silv, if we were to do points we would have had to have done it from the beginning, determining size of countries based on dice rolls and such. It's an interesting concept for another role play, for another time.

And to point out that I am not talking to myself, This is Ryona. -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Posted in Council of Evil

Buzzwulf will be posting in the thread that will go to the Mountains of Night, hopefully opening that up rather soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Awesome. New people! (Will Quaker make crazy rabiit monsters or squirrel eating oddities? Only time will tell)

New land! Psht, forget the meteor; That was the site of Atlantis!
Well, in all seriousness, a meteor makes good sense. Look at the Yucatan peninsuela and the golf of mexico.

What else, I was posting for some reason... I hate it whan your forget things in the middle of a post, which sort of defeats the reason of posting...

Well, I still have to decide whether I will let Vatienne get destroyed by Morgarath or make it rise stronger than ever so it can spread some Vatienne and Jean happiness (cough) on the new continent with the V.E.C! (I would like to send out a wink to Shadow concerning the V.E.C, and Plague. Good times...) Anyway, if I ever do intend to send Vatienne and Jean to heck, I might make a new race on that continent.

I won't resverve a spot or anything, but if it happens I just want you guys to know and have some sort of preemptive warning.

Edit: that last part about the possibility of Vatienne imploding and creating a new race was what I was wanting to post about the whole time.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:15 pm

I am glad you were able to focus your thoughts Very Happy

Somewhere on that landmass is the ancient home of the Spireans. I might try to coordinate with someone in the land that they choose to place in some ruins of cities and such. I'm not sure yet. It has no real impact on their story, I just thought it would add depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:20 pm

That's cool. You guys might be long lost ancestors of a surviving group ^_^

Also, I should make something clear. I told Loki that if his lands are destroyed he may have survivors, and that any worldspace that is destroyed may have survivors. This is TRUE.

However, if you want to create a new worldspace, I think it is fair that your old one needs to pretty much be destroyed. The only chance of survivors would be if someone else wanted to take up that race and play it.

All of this is just precaution to make sure everyone has only one major worldspace at a time, besides stewarding non-playable ones, which are for the most part available to anyone.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I want to remind people that since I am apparently losing in the end and the mountains are getting destroyed I do have a claim there to a portion. And it would have to be a fairly large one for the race in question I created for my second worldspace

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Well, on the note of stewarding a potential destroyed/un-playable/abandoned, etc. race, do not hesitate to ask me to do it. I would love to write something and not be a total arrogant jerk while doing it! If you know what I mean. XD

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am available if you two get stuck or swamped, etc.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:32 pm

@ Raptor: We haven't even really started the first area, so lets not jump ahead of things. This is why I was hesitant to even allow the second map to go public.

Edit: Other places are going to lose too, not just you.

@ Dax: if you have ideas for any of them, let us know. For the most part stewarding is letting them sit there and answering questions should someone have any.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next