FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see no reason for a flashy title.

4 posters

Go down

I see no reason for a flashy title. Empty I see no reason for a flashy title.

Post by TalesLongForgotten Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

The reason for the statement above is simple: I am not one for showy entrances, nor elaborate introductions. However, i shall do my best, as i believe this is somewhat of a mandate among you. Any information i leave out, feel free to inquire.

I am an aspiring student, and (shameless self-promotion, I know) competent roleplayer. I note there is a quantity limit on this board, something i am only used to on the site I so sadly reduced myself to before i found myself lost in the FOG. The defunct forum I migrated from only focused on quality. As for the rest of my real life details, ask me in private, such things are not for the whole world, after all.

My style of roleplaying is honestly dependant on both the character and the setting. My posts will be dark and morbid if called for, or light-hearted and nearly giddy if the situation requires. As for my personal interests, they are as varied as the ways i write. Anything with a good story is bound to interest me to some degree, unless it is too mushy and overly romantic, where the romance IS the story, or has anything to do with the drivel that is most commonly called the Twilight Saga. Her writing, to me, is about the most abhorrent thing i have ever seen take such fame.

Ah, but i am ranting. I digress. Ask me your questions. Even though I tend to be a busy individual, I will take the time to answer any of them. After all, if one never takes time, how can one ever have time?

TalesLongForgotten
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

I see no reason for a flashy title. Empty Re: I see no reason for a flashy title.

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Yes! I'm first on the welcome wagon! This hasn't happened in forever!

Welcome to FoG, TalesLongForgotten! Can I just say that I really like your username? 'Tis rather philosophical, if I do say so myself *nodsnods*. It sounds like you're already appreciating the high quality of writing that is one of the hallmarks of FoG. Other hallmarks include great (and insane!) writers and a strong sense of community. And soul nibbling. We like to NOM on souls. But only a little...

Definitely check out the Rules and FAQ sections to give you some basic info if you haven't already, and then by all means get your feet wet in some role-playing! Sounds like you have very diverse interests, so I'm sure you'll find a role-play that appeals to you. Casual and One-on-One are good starting places, but don't hesitate to check out the Advanced sections or even start your own Interest Check if you have an idea that you're dying to put into play.

Enjoy your stay in the swirling mist, and ask if you have any questions! I guarantee you'll have hordes of other FoGgers tripping over each other to deliver the answer first!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

I see no reason for a flashy title. Empty Re: I see no reason for a flashy title.

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:19 am

Welcome to the FOG, TalesLongForgotten!
We might need a clever nick for that. xD
Tayulf?

I feel compelled against all politeness to point out that your pronoun I's seem to be almost equally split between properly capitalized and improperly uncapitalized. Just saying, the shift key is our dear and faithful friend. Very Happy

Now that that's out of the way and I'm mentally whacking myself on the pate for the uncontrollable lapse in tact, I beg you to take grammar-policeman's revenge upon me at the first available opportunity. xD Also, enjoy the site! ^_^ There is much to do and see around here, and we have a wonderful atmosphere for improving writing.

...gosh that sounded arrogant and hypocritical. Shocked
Worry not! cheers We have the crazies around here, too.
In fact, the me! I have crazy!

*cough*
*looks around*
*dies*

I need coffee. Or something.
Well, TalesLongForgotten, allow me to welcome you again to the site!
Happy writing, disregard the hopeless cases *coughlikemecough*
and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 am

Welcome to the boards, TalesLongForgotten Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

Did someone say flashy entrance?

*Princes of the Universe begins playing over loud speakers, fireworks begin to rain sparks down over a ramp as Dio emerges, dressed in skin tight purple and yellow nylon and 90's metal hair, muscles bulging everywhere.*

Announcer: "And here comes Dio the Indomitable, heavy weight intro post champion. He looks ready for action as he takes the ring."

Dio climbs over the ropes and a mic swings down. Dio grabs it and motions to the crowd.

"I just wanted to say, that I intend to defend my Intro post title. And you! SilvanArrow! Have trespassed into my kitchen ONE to many times, to steal the FRUITS of my intro poooosts! I will bring the HEAT as great as the power of the sun, if you think you can defeat me. There is no atom of your being SilvanArrow, that will be able to withstand my onslaught of words, and pain, and seventy five pounds of this muscled form that is Dioooooooo! THE bistro- has cooked up your last meal SilvanArrow, and it is not a whole grain fed steak, THAT you might have wanted. But instead, is a small order of fries, that you WILL have to wash down with warm milk, before I ram my intro down your throat! SKRONK!"

*Crowd roars, and begins to chant*

"WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!"
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

I fail to see how I stole the fruits of your intro post when I was first to the welcome wagon, but that post was so awesomely epic and creative that it doesn't even matter.

Bow 2 Oh great and awesome Dio, may some of your awesomeness rub off on me someday...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 am

*dips mop in Dio and slathers rainbow paint of awesomeness all over the boards, Silvan, everything...*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down