FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD )

+4
Dax
MoiraofWords
Lara
izzyness
8 posters

Go down

A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD ) Empty A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD )

Post by izzyness Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello everyone!

I am Ingrid, but please call me Izzy. I HATE my name. I mean, what sort of a parent calls their child 'Ingrid'? An evil one like mine apparently. Haha. Though, I guess it does have a pretty (if rather lame) meaning behind it; a meadow. Awww. -rollseyes- Anyway, I guess you really just want to know some things about me, don't you?

I am a 20 year old Film and Television student, studying in England! I really enjoy writing stories, though I'll admit that sometimes I'll lose track and give up on them. i've yet to finish any of my own stories. Opps. I have also been roleplaying for about 10 or so years I believe, starting out on Neopets (where I admit I still go to search for some onexones - the shame) and have been part of a few roleplay sites before this.

Generally I roleplay fantasy where possible, especially vampire or werewolf. (: Erm... I honetly can't think of much else to say. So erm, I'll keep this introduction short and sweet. Hi and bye!

Izzy! (:

izzyness
izzyness
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD ) Empty Re: A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD )

Post by Lara Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Welcome, Izzy!

High five for being a Film and Television student! <3 I'm a Broadcasting kid, myself. Lucky you for studying in England, I'm centered in the U.S.

You sound like a really fun person already. Stop by the IRC some time, it'll be great fun. =D
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD ) Empty Re: A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD )

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Nice to meet you! If you've any questions, I'm sure most of them can be answered here. FAQ

Of course, there is a few help threads supposing you need additional information, but I'm sure you'd be able to find them.

Nevertheless, welcome to Fog! Enjoy your stay within the mists! And I'll try to avoid mentioning my general dislike for the undead in your presence, as that'd be blatantly rude >>, although you have to disregard this instance.

And Ingrid isn't a horrible name... it's better than the possible urban legend of Le-a, pronounced Ledasha. But I understand how you'd have personal revulsion towards your own name.

And jolly good for being in England. How is it over there?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by izzyness Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Thank you both!

Lara - Thanks for the talks on IRC. I really felt welcomed onto the site. Such a friendly community. Loving it already. (:

And Moira (do you prefer something else?) I understand why people don't like the undead, each to their own right? And England is very nice at the moment, thought ypical English weather of not being able to decieded wether to be sunny or not, or to just rain. Haha!

Izzy. x
izzyness
izzyness
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Moira is completely satisfactory! I hope you'll stop by the chat and meet our oddball regulars. You won't be able to miss quakernuts shouting something related to quaker or nuts, or Red cyber stalking you, or even the pseudo pokemon battles that go on.

And if you like the undead, I reccommend you look into Fate Foretold's New Rp.
Immortal Vindiction
It'd be right up your alley.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome and Bienvenue to FoG!

We have already met and I already extended to you my welcome, but I thought I would do it officially!

I saw that you have already applied to some RPs and that someone else has linked to you our little FAQ so everything seems in order.

I welcome you to this blip of reality, where the creations of imagination run loose and where you do not know what lurks behind every shadow or behind every veil of mist, a.k.a FoG!

Dun dun DUNNN
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:23 pm

Welcome to the FOG, Izzy! cheers
This is definitely the place to be if you've been longing for eliterate role-playing. We have REAL one-on-ones here. xD Among other things, naturally. ^^

Please enjoy the site as you explore, and do feel free to voice any questions. Here in your intro thread is a good place to do it; you'll likely get three to six of us racing to deliver the paragraphs-long answers first. ^^

Welcome again, and happy writing! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote: you'll likely get three to six of us racing to deliver the paragraphs-long answers first. ^^

Hehe... or more. lol!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Greetings, Izzyness! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

A reason to carry on... (why does that sound so emo? xD ) Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

The title is just fine. Welcome!
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Wait! Don't let the welcome wagon leave without me!

Erm...anyway...welcome to FOG, Izzy! It sounds like you're already making yourself at home here, so I'll keep it short. You're definitely in the right place for great role-plays. I actually played Neopets a lot when I was younger, and occasionally I'll bop around on the site, though I've never actually role-played there. That's really cool that you're studying in England! I spent a couple of days in London during my high school senior field trip. It rained both days, but the architecture and history was simply breathtaking. Enjoy your stay!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 am

Well, since Moira has already warned you, I feel it is only fair to point you to my signature below. That is my saying down there, and you'll usually see it at least twice a day in the chat room by yours truly. So, when you start seeing me saying my name in capital letters and horribly elongated, I suggest you duck and cover. Razz

Anyways, everyone has really covered the bases here, so I'll just go on by saying welcome to the site, and enjoy yourself. Meet some of the crazy people around here, and hopefully avoid my smashing random things cause I get bored.

Welcome to FoG Izzy

Yours Truly
Quakernuts

Last edited by quakernuts on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Welcome to the swirling mists!

I hope you have a great stay! I never role-played on neopets but I played the games way back when. I still remember some of the funnier ones. Anyway, I'm very tired so I'll end my welcome here. It's a bad image of me, not of what you've shown. ^^

Once again, welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down