FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

+15
Erebus
Blackrock
Kalaam
Digital Muse
Fluesopp
Gadreille
Weiss
Stion Gyas
Stray
Kaitlyn Wild
Reffy
Loki
Alphariusthemad
Zephiris
Kalon Ordona II
19 posters

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Yeah...those are my biggest problem. And overusing comma's. I will edit soonish. And sometimes my word processor puts in apostrophes when I know they shouldn't be there, since I don't always catch it. Or maybe I just think they do, because I'm really confused...

And sorry for the mix-up. Its been too long since I read the history.

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:04 pm

No problem! Very Happy
Please use the Constructive Corrector's Corner on me if I ever slip up. ^_^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Zephiris: you, too, have to change the Sephiris in your post to Zephiris. Smile
Sephiris is the real archangel who is watching over the area of Túlaman, the world, known as Telmar. Zephiris the name of the goddes in the humans' religion that places Sephiris as the one who created the world, which she is not. And actually, there might be big trouble for Sephiris and all Telmar if it keeps going on; this is one of the many things Sephiris has to fix.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 am

I'm interested, yes. The information is lovely. I'll need some time to digest though, before I commit. And to look at some of the other characters here.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 am

By all means. This isn't something you want to rush into. Very Happy
Enjoy your exploration, and take your time. There's lots to see here in the FOG. ^_^

Alrighty, I posted. Time is advanced a bit, closer to dawn. However, you really don't have to worry about it right now. We could all be at different times. It's when we start coming together that we'll have to worry about keeping track of time.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Sephiris: The Price of Peace - OOC - Page 2 Empty Brenard san Deccour

Post by Stion Gyas Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:43 pm

. : Name : .
Full Name: Brenard san Deccour
Use Name: Brenard
Other: Brenard the Ugly
Played by: Stion Gyas

. : Appearance : .
Height and Build: Short for a human man, Brenard stands just over 5’9” tall. His stature is matched with a dancer’s build, all sleek muscles designed for speed and agility.
Description: As a boy Brenard was struck with the pox, leaving a spattering of pock marks across his body. His face contains the highest concentration of the marks, ruining an otherwise handsome face. Beneath the marks Brenard’s face is very light. He has a small brow, set over amber eyes. His nose is small, and hangs over a mouth that would look just as beautiful scowling as it would smiling. The pox left a series of pits across his face, giving him the appearance of having acid dripped onto his face. The scars stretch his face tight and shine dully in the light. Brenard wears his black hair, streaked with a few gray hairs, to his shoulders, and tied back at the nape of the neck. Overall, Brenard’s body is slim, with smooth muscles earned from years of training.
Clothing: Brenard’s clothing reflect his belief that agility is the best defense. He wears simple clothing designed to provide the ultimate flexibility and comfort. His tunic and trousers are cut from a durable cloth and are fitted to provide unhampered movement and comfort. Over his tunic Brenard wears a leather vest to provide some protection, as well as pockets. A wide leather belt circles his waist, several pouches hang from it. To top it all off, Brenard wears knee-high leather boots and a wide-brimmed hat.
Weapons: Brenard carries with him a small selection of weapons, most hidden throughout his clothing, but one is very obvious. His rapier hangs at his right hip. The weapon, designed by a skilled weaponsmith, is well-balanced, but very simple. The blade is narrow, and inch wide at its thickest, and ends with a triangular point forty inches from the basket hilt. The whole of the weapon is made of high-quality steel, with boar’s hide to provide a sturdy grip. The same weaponsmith designed Brenard’s three daggers, all balanced for throwing. He hides one in each boot, and one strapped to his forearm.
Other: In the pouches of his belt and his vest pockets Brenard carries a whetstone and the necessary implements to keep his weapons clean. Another pouch holds a handful of coins of varying value.
Impression: It takes an open heart to view Brenard as anything but ugly. His eyes are very striking and demand attention.

. : Heritage : .
Birthplace: Brenard was born in a mid-sized city in the Black Mountains named Mons.
Family: The san Deccour family is a well-established merchant group. In fact, his family was one of the first to open secret dealings with the elves. His parents are Alfred san Deccour and his wife, Patricia. Both are still alive and kicking and welcome Brenard whenever he stops by for a visit.
Inheritance: Brenard’s family, merchants the lot of them, taught him the basics a merchant needs to make a living. He has learned how to appraise goods, make a profit, and find a new market. On top of that he received history and geography lessons to help pave his way. After expressing an interest in fencing the san Deccours obliged their only child and hired a tutor.
Other: Brenard knows merchants in at least every major city, and he has his parents to back his finances up.

. : Persona : .
Biography:When Alfred learned that Patricia was with child he immediately settled, purchasing an upscale house in Mons, where they had been negotiating a trade agreement. The san Deccours established their household, and prepared to welcome Brenard into the world. Unfortunately, Brenard’s welcome was rather rude.

Weeks after his birth young Brenard became stricken with the pox. He survived, barely, but was left with scars across his body. Because of his scars Brenard lived a lonely childhood. The other merchant children feared “Brenard the Ugly” and avoided him at all costs.

Distressed, his parents began teaching him their trade and often brought him along on their many trips. When, at the age of sixteen, he expressed an interest in fencing they hired a tutor to teach him the fine art. Brenard continued to fence until he could best his tutor in duels both fair and not. He was twenty seven. At the age of thirty, with his parents’ blessing, Brenard packed his belongings and left to travel.
Motivation: Brenard is often shunned because of his appearance. He travels to find a place where he is accepted by those who are not family.
Skills and Talents: Brenard’s most defining skill is his fencing ability. Years of training, since he was sixteen, have sharpened his skill with the rapier to a high degree. In terms of ranking Brenard is of the third echelon, two steps away from the most skilled warriors in the land. Due to his parents’ teachings he is adept at reading a market, finding a deal, and all of the other subtleties of a merchant’s trade.
Strengths: Brenard is a loyal friend and a worthy foe. He is fast and agile, and very skilled with a rapier.
Weaknesses: The pox damaged his immune system so severely that it never fully recovered and he is very susceptible to sickness. The pox also left his face scarred and ugly.
Personality: Brenard has little religious background, but he is a believer in Zephiris. He won’t go out of his way for a religious gathering, nor has he memorized much of the scripture. His appearance leaves him withdrawn from those he does not know. With friends and family, however, he is more outgoing, and reveals a softer side to an otherwise hard man.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 am

Kalon, would you like a character profile for Simion Altus, Barthon's page boy? He will be following Barthon throughout the journey and will likely become a rather major character in Barthon's part of the story. But, as of now, I don't think he will exactly have a story of his own. So its up to you if you want me to make one or not.

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephiris Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 am

I think that would be up to you. Depending on how involved you intend Simion to be in the story, you may or may not need to come up with a profile for him. If he is going to be heavily emphasized in some of your later posts, or perhaps, some background information regarding him is to be revealed later, then, it would be good if you could provide a character profile for him.

Though, I suppose it's worth making the character profile. Since, from what I read from your posts, he is probably going to be hanging around Barthon, some description of his physical appearance would be needed, so you may as well come up with the profile to match it.

Still, I prefer to leave it up to you. You might want to see what Kalon says about this later..

... And, my character is coming to find yours, if you don't mind. What you do next is up to you, I'm more or less prepared to face scenarios where your character leaves before he gets found by mine. However, if we do go together, we could have something more substantial to post about (That is, the interaction between not only the environment and your character, but also with the characters tagging along, ).
Zephiris
Zephiris
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:57 am

I've already got a good deal of the post written out... I'm having the two travel to the fortress in the Doriath Mts, where they will rest for the night, before heading south to Dor. Perhaps your character can catch up with them there?

I have a question about your last post, Zephiris. Would the royal palace really be in Aram? Aram is not even a capital city in Mandor, let alone the main landmass in the kingdom. I can see there perhaps being a section of the castle for the royal bloodline, though if they don't run their business from there I would imagine it belonging to whoever currently lords over the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm working on my opening entry. Just to let ya'll know I'm still here Smile

Hoping its ok to open with a combat scene and take it from there (retracting the steps she had made earlier)

She's headed from the small island Ena too Eldin. She knows not where she goes or even why she does. Not sure how far she would travel during only one days walking. I'll probably have her rest on Ardin some where Smile She's not traveling fast.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I have a feeling this RP, unlike one of my previous ones, is going to easily accommodate new players at any point in the story. Clap

Just so all of you know: any of you are most welcome to play some of the Ssandári Mercenaries, or even make a character who is one. Also, as long as we preserve continuity, feel free at any time to control NPC's. Very Happy You're at liberty to take an active role in the development of the plot, should you so desire. Again, as long as continuity is preserved (can't stress that enough, hehe).

@ Stion: Welcome!! cheers I can't wait to see the other half of your post. Wink
I'll go add your character to the list. ^_^

@ Silvone: My username's Kalon, actually. Were you thinking of my gryphon knight in Riv'nar? ^_^

@ Reffy: Thanks for letting us know! Very Happy I knew you were going to be away, so that's why I didn't bother you about it. Smile

@ Zephiris: Ezekiel is in Telmural, I believe. Capital of Sephalia. NOT Mandor.

The royal palace of Mandor would be in Dor, the capital of Mandor.
Ezekiel is crown prince of Sephalia. That's why it's very important to say the location of every post.

Ezekiel might actually be in Mandor right now--in Aram, maybe searching for Zephiris or looking to employ some nice paladins.

I just realized now that there's a lot more you'd have to edit besides just Sephiris --> Zephiris. Here's what would have to change.

If Ezekiel is in Telmural, capital of Sephalia:
You'd have to ex out the bits about overhearing the two knights' conversation.
You'd have to have been told about Zephiris' return by the priests. In Sephalia, they're telling the royalty first.

If Ezekiel is in Aram, a religious city of Mandor:
You'd have to ex out the bits about King Orion building the Hall, because that line of kings is from Sephalia.
You'd have to change the bits about people knowing him so well. Ezekiel grew up in Sephalia, not Mandor.
You'd have to have a reason for being in Mandor. Something like, you're looking to employ some paladins for the search, or you're coming to this city to get some idea of where to start searching for Zephiris.

I hope that clears it up. Sorry for not noticing earlier. Doh
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:35 am

Every time I write your name I have to think "is it Kalus or Kalon?" I think I put a different one every time...Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

lol no worries. That's what I get for giving RP characters names similar to my username. Laughing
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 pm

If Zephiris wants me to wait until he edits his post, I can. Otherwise I will just continue with the idea I had in mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephiris Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 am

I think it'll be best if you proceed on and carry on with your side of the story. I shouldn't hold you back with my own mistakes.

So sorry for the error there, guys. I'll get on to making the appropriate changes to my previous post. A summary of what is to be changed:

I'll entirely revise the post, so that Ezekiel is in Sephalia, where he will be told of Zephiris' return by the priests, whom promptly approaches him to tell him of the news. From there, Ezekiel begins to plan his next move- to begin calling to arms some strong warriors to begin the search, and to convince his father to allow him to go.

The overhearing of the conversation of the two knights never happened. He only saw them speaking to each other, but nevertheless, that part will be removed. As with the Hall of Nobility (Though, I intend to put that in Sephalia.)

That said, I'm going to make the changes now. Once again, my sincerest apologies goes out to those who read my previous post. Sorry for the error, and any inconvenience caused. To Silvone, please continue on without me. Smile
Zephiris
Zephiris
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Again, sorry for not noticing earlier, Zephiris. Smile Failure on my part there.

All our posts are so very long so far. This is just how I was hoping it'd be! xD Long posters make the rest want to post long as well, and it just builds from there. And then if we're doing multiple characters besides... there's just so much opportunity to geek out with writeryness and delve into the imagination. Excited Muhaha XD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:25 pm

I've written half of the other half of my post. I'll have it up after dinner. Very Happy
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Sounds good.

Oh, Silvone, AWESOME post. Only thing is I think Orion is king of Sephalia. You can make up your own name for the Mandorian king. Smile

I see what you mean about Simion being important. Aside from whatever plot you have planned for him, he'll be great for explaining things to. Stuff about the world that we role-players need to know. Very handy. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I figured that King Orion was the king of both Mandor and Sephalia. I didn't realize that they were two separate kingdoms. Since they are then I will be sure to edit it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah. I'm not sure if it was previously established in character or not, but it makes sense, since the two kingdoms have different names and are separated by the sea. And, since humans have monarchies, it'd be a king. ^_^

Alrighty, I'll post now. I think I'd better establish some semblance of time, though, just for future reference.

We will count DAY 1 as the day of the Prologue. This is the same day when the priests met in Sephalia, and when the dragons met near the palaces of Grendilkren and Zhengrebeth, and it was the last day mentioned of the White Council. The branding in Mandor took place a few days after that.

My first post for the dragon S'harahe took place at the end of DAY 1
First post for Gado the human is during that night, and same for Áirhath. So I'd be about to start DAY 2.
The branding in Mandor might be DAY 4.

You don't have to put yourself in the same day as me right away; I'm just posting this so that we all have a reference, so we're all on the same page as far as the timeline. Wink

Edit:
Cool post, Stion!

I posted just now. I'll either edit that post later to include Gado and Áirhath, or if someone posts before then I'll just put it in a new post.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks, Kalon.

After looking at the character list (Thanks for adding me, I like the brief description.) I find that there is a severe lack of Dragons. I'm putting a character together in my head, but have a question:

Other than their horns and claws (The claws are on hands and feet?) do Dragons look pretty much as humans do?
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:45 am

Dragons look like in the picture on the first page of the RP. In the first post, where all the images are.

They've got horns, claws, wings, tails, longish necks, longish faces, elongated "feet," and so on. The thing is, they are mammals. They're warm blooded and have skin instead of scales. Their skin is same as humans and elves, but they have the most variety in skin tone (amount of melanin)--going from pale and creamy to dark tan. (It'd be really hard to have a "black" dragon, because of the temperate climate, but it is possible.)

Oh yes, and remember each dragon has two voices, one about an octave lower than the other. The higher voice is the one for normal use. When angry or to add emphasis, a dragon might use both voices.

When a dragon uses both voices to achieve the same note (which is difficult), that is the medium for magic.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Sorry I haven't posted, everyone. I've been sick--still am. Being sick is good for staying home, but bad for thinking what to post. Laughing *ugh, hurts to laugh* Sad

We'll have to see how it goes.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:37 am

I've been sick too. I'm just getting over it, so I might start posting soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephiris Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:39 am

Since everyone's been sick. I, the healthy one, shall make my post. Very Happy

EDIT: There are some minute details that may be easily missed in my latest post. So, I'll put them down here. Sorry for not having put it into the details for the Human race. The royalty of Sepahalia have their own symbols that represents them- Flowers, that is.

And all of the royalty are scented with fragrance of their respective flowers. Ezekiel's regal symbol is the Gladiolus- flower representing the strength of character. The King's, his father's, is the Purple Tulip.
Zephiris
Zephiris
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 pm

You can actually say things like that in your posts, if you want.
Like, you could put it in after you mentioned the prince's scent. (otherwise it sounds weird) "Each member of Sephalia's royalty possessed a regal symbol--flowers of different types--and the scents of these flowers were forever attributed to the corresponding royals. The scent of Ezekiel's symbol, the Gladiolus, permeated the room"

Something like that. It'd probably be unwise to go tampering with the information about the races, so we have to establish new things in posts. That flower thing is reeeeally cool, by the way! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Don't let this slow because of me. Feel free to skip my turn. I know you have multiple characters, Kalon. And since no one has met yet, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep the story going until I can post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I know that. I've been trying to, but for some reason it never gets done! *groan*
I'll try again right now. Very Happy

There. *yays*

My next post will be about Áirhath getting back, getting his reward, and seeing someone from the White Council who will recruit his mercenaries as a group to investigate everything that's going on. ^_^
It could be a little while, because I have elvish to do, heheheh. The only thing is, if I don't get it done today, the next chance I have will be Thursday. We'll see how it goes.
Fortunately we're not all together yet, so we don't have to rely so much on other people at this stage of the story.

This is the stage for early character development, while the search for Zephiris is going on. Wink
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:26 pm

I am definitely interested in joining this, and will be making a character within the next couple of days, but there's a lot of reading to do for me to get caught up. I've read all of the OOC information, but the IC thread seems to have even more, not to mention the posts thus far. I'll definitely work on it, though, because the world you've put together thus far is absolutely marvelous. Thank you for recommending this RP, and I look forward to participating.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Yesssss! SCORE! xD
I'm so glad you're interested! Clap
Remember to pepper me with questions. The more you ask, the more I'll have to come up with answers, and that just improves the world and the story. Wink

Alright everyone, I managed to make a post about Áirhath without even getting to the bit about collecting the reward. I guess I'll have to save that for next time. I think I'm shying away from working on my own language. Laughing I'll be forced to get to it one of these times. ^_^

Yes, it is possible for a trained elf to run 75 miles in 8 hours.
Elves have agility and stamina to make up for their fragility.
It's pretty hard to pull off, but it's doable.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next